Eczema as a therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stace

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Just looking for advice, one of my lovely therapists suffers with eczema and sometimes struggles with her treatments.
She's desperate for some relief, have any of you got any remedies that have worked for you or your clients (the doctor keeps dishing out emollients a and steroid creams which aren't working ) or any advise or barrier creams which may make more comfortable for her during massage?

“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.” Zig Ziglar

Hi geeks,

Just looking for advice, one of my lovely therapists suffers with eczema and sometimes struggles with her treatments.
She's desperate for some relief, have any of you got any remedies that have worked for you or your clients (the doctor keeps dishing out emollients a and steroid creams which aren't working ) or any advise or barrier creams which may make more comfortable for her during massage?

Hi! I have eczema on and off, had it quite bad when I worked in a spa a while ago while I was doing my HND and I tried various creams! One thing that was great was waitrose baby bottom butter. Sounds mad lol but there was a right up in the paper about it being great and people went mad for it! Is it on her hands? My hands would be covered in it and would be so dry and sore so I would put a load of the cream on at night and sleep in cotton gloves!
Hope this helps a bit!

Yes, on her hands and arms... Wow! I shall pass that on! How are you doing now? X

I don't really have it anymore! Doctor said it was probably stress related! I had it as a child too. Think things like that can come and go! And at the time working in a spa I was doing a lot of aromatherapy which was aggravating it a lot!
That waitrose cream is brilliant stuff. Hope she gets some relief soon! X

Another thing you can try is 100% pure organic coconut oil. One of my colleagues tried everything and then I suggested this and it worked wonders and cleared it up. Look up the benefits online, the stuff is amazing x

Latest posts

Back