Eczema

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precious2013

Reaction score
Does anyone suffer from eczema? I suffer badly and at the minute I could cry :( have you found anything works?

I'd love to know this too, have never suffered from it before an all of a sudden my hands are covered it whats like tiny water blisters that pop an turn in to a red dry eczema rash an it's so so painful! I've been plastering my hands with E 45 and sudacream (sp?) and it's not helped! Think I'm going to have to go to the doctors! Xxxxx

I have eczema I was born with it and it gets worse in the summer. My feet have little water blisters which are itchy and they pop and then my skin dries out even more, my gp gave me a cream for it but it made it worse as my body/feet reacted against it. I have 'dry' eczema on my face especially my lips, I have to put steroid cream on them at night and because of it my lips constantly sting if they don't have any moisture on them so I am always plastering lip balm on them.

I get them on my pointer finger from time to time. Too much use of hand sanitizer gel seems to set it off. I also get dry eczema on the back of my neck and sometimes on my chest in the summer. I use over the counter hydrocortisone cream when they pop up. My sister gets severe eczema where she's pretty much red and blistered up on parts of her body at certain times of the year. She has to use prescription steroid cream and can't use products that have high contents of alcohol and fragrance during those times. It's probably best to see a dermatologist. GP will most likely prescribe steroid cream and doublebase gel.

I completely understand how you feel I've suffered from eczema all over my face and body most of my life and it can be so horrible and uncomfortable. The best thing you can do is visit your gp and as mentioned they'll probably prescribe you steroid cream for 7-14 days and then see how you get on. Someone else said they've been putting on E45 and accroding to my GP its not actually that affective because its water based. I found it would stop mine getting worse but would never get rid of it. A good thing to look out for in boots is Oilatium, thats really good for eczema, some of there products you get a prescription for but they do have some bits in boots toohttp://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Brands-A-to-Z/Oilatum/
Hope that helps :)
x

Does anyone suffer from eczema? I suffer badly and at the minute I could cry :( have you found anything works?

Everyone in my family suffer with it :( none of the creams work on my sons and he would scratch his skin till it was raw and bleeding :(
We have found giving him goats milk has helped loads. He's skin is now a lot calmer and nearly clear from eczema xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

My daughter has it , we use steroid cream when it flares up , when the steroid cream has cleared it a bit we then use the other creams to maintain it , e45 is good I heard but when I put it on Mia she was screaming out saying it was burning her , so we stick to diprobase or aqueous creams x

I had a big flare up last year and it just popped up on my forehead, no where else. But it was so painful and sore I went to the doctors and they prescribed me Diprobase and it helped with the itch but didnt get rid :( it's actually only disappeared when I went on holiday this year!

I have been to the doctors a number of times and its always a steroid cream and double base I'm given. The steroid cream works wonders but once I stop using it after a week or two it's back again. I said to the doctor about seeing a dermatologist but she said it was as simple as that :(

I have had this for years but only started on the legs as an itch (dryness) but now it's spread everywhere and I hate coming into good weather cause I'm covered in scars from scratching. Just wondered if anyone actually found something that keeps it away. I also heard about goats milk but don't think I could face drinking it, can you get goats milk as a moisturiser or anything?

I'd love to know this too, have never suffered from it before an all of a sudden my hands are covered it whats like tiny water blisters that pop an turn in to a red dry eczema rash an it's so so painful! I've been plastering my hands with E 45 and sudacream (sp?) and it's not helped! Think I'm going to have to go to the doctors! Xxxxx

The body shop hemp hand cream is brilliant for eczema on hands. My hands are always in water & using hand sanitizer and since using this my hands are back to normal.
The body butter is good also for everywhere else.
It doesn't smell too great big definitely worth trying xx

I have been to the doctors a number of times and its always a steroid cream and double base I'm given. The steroid cream works wonders but once I stop using it after a week or two it's back again. I said to the doctor about seeing a dermatologist but she said it was as simple as that :(

I have had this for years but only started on the legs as an itch (dryness) but now it's spread everywhere and I hate coming into good weather cause I'm covered in scars from scratching. Just wondered if anyone actually found something that keeps it away. I also heard about goats milk but don't think I could face drinking it, can you get goats milk as a moisturiser or anything?

Me and my daughter both suffer from it and have tried everything under the sun- although moved her over to goats milk and it did seen to make a drastic difference, I had a client who also suffers and recommended a Crabtree & Evelyn Goats Milk Lotion. It's pricey be warned about 18 quid for 500mls but is recommended by them as a soothing cream, it is slightly perfumed which I thought might irritate her but it hasn't. Worth a try? Anything is better than steroid creams! xx

Anything is better than steroid creams! xx

Very true. Using steroid creams too much or in heavy doses can make the skin fragile and thin. If there are other alternatives such as goat's milk products, I would say it's worth trying. It's also worth avoiding certain products when you know you're eczema-prone as those products will just trigger it. Label reading is a must when picking out a suitable skincare products. Creams and ointments are better than lotions. Use mild cleansers instead of harsh soaps. Fragrant-free is probably the better choice over fragrant. Avoid hot showers and baths as those dry out the skin. Ranges like Oilatum, Eucerin, Cetaphil, Aquaphor, and Aveeno are worth looking into.

Very true. Using steroid creams too much or in heavy doses can make the skin fragile and thin. If there are other alternatives such as goat's milk products, I would say it's worth trying. It's also worth avoiding certain products when you know you're eczema-prone as those products will just trigger it. Label reading is a must when picking out a suitable skincare products. Creams and ointments are better than lotions. Use mild cleansers instead of harsh soaps. Fragrant-free is probably the better choice over fragrant. Avoid hot showers and baths as those dry out the skin. Ranges like Oilatum, Eucerin, Cetaphil, Aquaphor, and Aveeno are worth looking into.

Ooh Aveeno had forgotten about that- another recommendation from a client and very effective! x

<3 <3 <3

Aveeno was a big no no for me :( ill maybe try the goats milk stuff and see how that goes. Has anyone tried drinking goats milk. Is it nice?

I've tried the goats milk but unfortunately I don't see a difference :( has anyone used anything that works inside the body? I think there's maybe something going on inside me that's keeping it flaring up & need to target it first but don't know what :s I don't drink a lot of water so going to try it and maybe multivitamins and see if any of those helps. Really at my wits end here :(

My daughter has it it was so bad I was in tears. I was told by a herbal place to go and buy cheap porridge oats. Put some in the foot if a pair of tights or similar. Tie on to hot tap of bath. All this creamy stuff goes in water works wonders. And use olive oil with a couple of drops of lavender oil and bathe area with a cotton pad. Both made a huge difference to her and now gets rid of any flare ups really quickly.xx:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Try this:

http://www.solgaronline.co.uk/Solgar-Omega-Advanced-Blend-211-150ml_p_558.html

It isnt an instant fix but my daughter who has suffered with nasty eczema all her life says it helps. I did extensive research in the winter when it was really bad (eases in the summer) and this was the result of many hours on the internet. It isnt cheap and may not work for everybody but it works from the inside and you aren't just rubbing creams on the problem but actually trying to eradicate it. You also need to eat well. No refined sugar, brown bread, plenty of fruit and vegetables, organic if you can afford it. I also had her tested for food intolerance and it flagged up a high intolerance to dairy so she now has soya milk which is widely available, lacto free cheese (I get it from tesco) etc. She was also intolerant to oats (the range of Aveeno creams has oats in it so that was a big no no- we didn't realise and had been recommended this so she was happily using it night and day making the problem worse and worse!), and a slight intolerance to other things so that could be worth thinking about if you are at the end of your tether. Also, try to wear cotton next to your skin, especially at night whenyou may overheat, and obviouslyuse non bio washing products, avoiding fabric conditioner if possible - I find the organic ranges best. If you find yourself scratching at night, wear cotton gloves. An antihistamine also helps relieve the itch.

These things definitely helped her because when she lapses, as teenagers do, or forgets to take the oil for any length of time, it recurs to some degree. I can sympathise with you as I have seen her wake up red raw from scratching - so I hope this helps in some way. By all means visit the Doctor for bath oil, shower creams and hydrocortisone cream. These are all used in conjunction with the natural remedies above when it flares up.

Sorry to waffle on, but I thought I would pass on what we've found helpful and if it helps you or anybody else who reads this then it was worth it.

CeeCee xx

Maybe look into Borage Oil.

I've had eczema ever since I started hairdressing many moons ago, it was so bad that I had to give up. My hands were constantly cracked and bleeding, my finger nails even grew bumpy and very ridged.

I stopped hairdressing about 11 years ago and it still flares up every now and again.

I always use gloves when cleaning and washing up at home.

Since I've taken up doing nails full time, it often attempts to get bad, but (and I know this sounds hugely cliché) Solar Oil really helps it.

I also try to mainly use products on my skin that are hypoallergenic and this kinda helps keep it at bay.

My daughter has it it was so bad I was in tears. I was told by a herbal place to go and buy cheap porridge oats. Put some in the foot if a pair of tights or similar. Tie on to hot tap of bath. All this creamy stuff goes in water works wonders. And use olive oil with a couple of drops of lavender oil and bathe area with a cotton pad. Both made a huge difference to her and now gets rid of any flare ups really quickly.xx:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

How often would she do this for her bath? Even for me to get into a bath is agony but I'm gonna have to try everything :( have a doctors appointment on Tuesday so I'm not leaving there until I get something done

Latest posts

Back