Eddie Stobart nail art?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

profbeau

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I've got a lovely regular client who is due to attend and interview drivers at the big stobart convention in August. She has requested Eddie Stobart themed nail art. I'm completely at a loss & hoping someone can help me out with ideas. Her interview sections are being recorded for the new tv series so i need her nails to look amazing! She only wants Vinylux but luckily her natural nails are a decent length. Help please!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm NOT a nail technician.

Just throwing something out there as a starter, I don't think I have any great ideas.

I assume you're familiar with, or have googled the branding?

Eddie Stobart

If I wanted to have my nails done with this branding for an event...Hmm.

Plain red or green nails with ring fingers in white with a little lorry painted on them in the right colour?

The front of the lorries, with the fading from white to green sidewalls and red tips? Could look good if done well. Would look strange out of context but great for this event.

Of course that's probably not a job for Vinylux.

Have you checked out decals ?
Doing a truck freehand - on Vinylux- would terrify me 😳

Thanks for your ideas. Yep freehand trucks on Vinylux are a no go I think! Can't find any decals as such, but am thinking maybe red & green to look like truck fronts and finding someway of putting name plates on? Google isn't much help, can't find any examples of "truck nails" lol! This is by far the most unusual request I've had, but I am determined I will come up with something fab. Just ordered some more color pops and at least I have ample time to practice! I might have to try a sharpie pen for writing the name plates on!

Eddievstobart drivers are famous for wearing a green tie. Maybe you could tie that in somehow!! Excuse the pun, good luck x

Thanks for your ideas. Yep freehand trucks on Vinylux are a no go I think! Can't find any decals as such, but am thinking maybe red & green to look like truck fronts and finding someway of putting name plates on? Google isn't much help, can't find any examples of "truck nails" lol! This is by far the most unusual request I've had, but I am determined I will come up with something fab. Just ordered some more color pops and at least I have ample time to practice! I might have to try a sharpie pen for writing the name plates on!

Make your own decals 😃 vinylux is great for it! Go on YouTube, fingernail fixer shows you how it's great! Then at least you can make them in advance and have loads of time to practice xx

All the Stobart lorries have the wives and daughters names on the front. They also pride themselves in clean, professional image.

Don't forget to upload a picture once you've done them, I'd love to see the final outcome. X

Make your own decals �� vinylux is great for it! Go on YouTube, fingernail fixer shows you how it's great! Then at least you can make them in advance and have loads of time to practice xx

I was just going to suggest this too.

Make your own decals 😃 vinylux is great for it! Go on YouTube, fingernail fixer shows you how it's great! Then at least you can make them in advance and have loads of time to practice xx

Fab thank you!

Thanks all, some great ideas to go with, I'm going to have a play around tonight. Will also have to order another green (serenity?) as I don't think limeade or mint convertible will work! Will let you all see my first attempts once they're done x

Since my earlier comment I've thought of loads of ideas for you that might help.
You could do an ombré effect underneath the lorry decal - white, green, red to reflect the cab. On the other nails you could do a green with a lighter green to represent the graphics on the lower part of the cab. In that you could (depends on skill level) include your clients name and maybe her daughters/sisters/mother name.

I've been sat in a lorry since 12pm, the minute I saw your thread I've been ogling every Stobart that's passed us, try to think of new ideas to help you. X

Well profbrau !
You've certainly awakened the creative juices in some of us.
Looking forward to seeing the finished nails.
X

Since my earlier comment I've thought of loads of ideas for you that might help.
You could do an ombré effect underneath the lorry decal - white, green, red to reflect the cab. On the other nails you could do a green with a lighter green to represent the graphics on the lower part of the cab. In that you could (depends on skill level) include your clients name and maybe her daughters/sisters/mother name.

I've been sat in a lorry since 12pm, the minute I saw your thread I've been ogling every Stobart that's passed us, try to think of new ideas to help you. X

Bless you! Love the ombre effect idea! Luckily the client has a 3 letter name so i should beable to acheive that. Thankyou so much for the great ideas .. But be careful, we dont want you converting into a stobart spotter lol x

Well profbrau !
You've certainly awakened the creative juices in some of us.
Looking forward to seeing the finished nails.
X

I knew I could count on my fellow geeks to help me out! My own creative juices seem to have gone into hiding on this one, I was completely stumped!

But not anymore, thank you all very much, as soon as my pops arrive I will set to work and hopefully do all these wonderful ideas proud x

I'm already a Stobart spotter, I'm determined to find the truck without a name and then I can report it too them and have mine put on it. I lead a very sad life! X

We did once approach a truck parked at the services cos it had my daughters name! The driver Billy was lovely and let me take a photo of her stood with the truck! It was pure luck & coincidence though but my 6 yr old loves to show off the photo of "her" truck!

I'm tuning in to see the end result. This is brilliant!

Quick update - I have done 14 colour pops, all with various designs / fading etc, whilst some look "ok", 6 of them I was very very pleased with! Went for the clients regular appointment Saturday and shown her my designs, and although she was (quote) Blown Away by the designs, she has chosen one of my least favourite! After all that she went for the (rather boring) idea of alternating red and green nails, with white ring fingers and nameplates on them!
Easy to do, and I suppose at least they will look bright and eye catching, but I was hoping to showcase myself a little more than that!
Oh well, the customer is always right etc! I'm doing a trial for her next week in her chosen design (yawn) so will post a picture!
Thank you again all for your ideas and help. The other pops are now in my little girls "salon" (playhouse) so at least all that time and effort wasn't completely wasted!

Can we see all the pops? Pretty pleaseee ☺️ Xx

Can we see all the pops? Pretty pleaseee ☺️ Xx

I should have taken a photo before my little apprentice got hold of them! I would rather not take one now - unless you want to see a dozen smudged blobs! Might do a couple more of my favorites this week to add to my portfolio so I promise to take a picture of them! X

Latest posts

Back