edge one day course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckybird21

Reaction score
ok havent been on here for a while as been v busy, but got a quick question,.

a friend has done a one day course with the edge, which cost £120. what does this course give her? surley you can not get a qualification to go off and do nails as a mobile technician after one day???

how did the instructor fir in, nail structure, preperation, application, maintenance (in-fill, back fill, re-balance) removal, in one day, and thats the basics!!!! plus see how well the application of the nail is, such as the nails might lift up after a couple of days, due to bad prep, but the student wont know this, as they have finished the course.

sorry but im just confussed how this can make you suitable qualified, and if the edge run it as a more of a home application course not ment as a professional course, N0.1 it cost enough, and No.2 clearly the students were not aware that they are not qualified.

this annoys me a bit, as i spent a year training, and worked very hard for my nvq, and came on here daily to seek education and expand on my learning, it really annoys me that someone does a one day course and can go out as a mobile nail tech straight after.

not that im casting any aspertions to this girls capability, or anything, or saying im annoyed with people like her doing one day courses, as lets face it, u want to do nails, you dont know much about the industry, you find out about a one day course and think fab ill be doing nails in no time. so i know its not the students fault, but still, it makes a mockery of my course i did.

sorry for the rant at the end there! i am really a normal human being!:D

Hi Sweetie,
How are you, long time no speak.
I do happen to know what a fab tech you are, because I had the huge pleasure of being one of your tutors.
I agree with you on 1 day training, but have to say, I am confused because I am one of The Edge trainers and know that we dont do a one day tech course. Nor are any of our courses £120. I am slightly suspicious that this young lady may have been mislead by someone, therefore, I would be really interested to know who, what and where, her training occured.
the only possible answer could be she was put on a conversion course not a beginners, because our beginner courses are 4 days over a month and cost £323 plus kit. so something isnt adding up here. If you dont want to give details here, you can PM me or you have my mobile number.
I would be interested to clear this whole thing up because it sounds a bit odd to me.
Hope you are doing well hun.
Lisa

luckybird21 said:
ok havent been on here for a while as been v busy, but got a quick question,.

a friend has done a one day course with the edge, which cost £120. what does this course give her? surley you can not get a qualification to go off and do nails as a mobile technician after one day???

how did the instructor fir in, nail structure, preperation, application, maintenance (in-fill, back fill, re-balance) removal, in one day, and thats the basics!!!! plus see how well the application of the nail is, such as the nails might lift up after a couple of days, due to bad prep, but the student wont know this, as they have finished the course.

sorry but im just confussed how this can make you suitable qualified, and if the edge run it as a more of a home application course not ment as a professional course, N0.1 it cost enough, and No.2 clearly the students were not aware that they are not qualified.

this annoys me a bit, as i spent a year training, and worked very hard for my nvq, and came on here daily to seek education and expand on my learning, it really annoys me that someone does a one day course and can go out as a mobile nail tech straight after.

not that im casting any aspertions to this girls capability, or anything, or saying im annoyed with people like her doing one day courses, as lets face it, u want to do nails, you dont know much about the industry, you find out about a one day course and think fab ill be doing nails in no time. so i know its not the students fault, but still, it makes a mockery of my course i did.

sorry for the rant at the end there! i am really a normal human being!:D

thats what i thought. Knowing how much you loathed shoddy training and that you do the edge training i didnt think it added up at all!

i will find out where she did the training and who did it for you hun.

I know it wasnt conversion, as she hasnt done any other type of training before.

im cool thanks, how are you?

i did the edge treining course as a beginer and it was for 4 days

then i did the conversion which was 1 day,

Hmmm. Curiouser and curiouser. Im intrigued to know the details.
Im doing pretty good, all things moving in the right direction except cant find model for Manchester. Other than that Im having a wild time.
Let me know soon as you find out something.

Latest posts

Back