Education Advice Needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janie215

Reaction score
I have a bit of a problem. I recently got my diploma for UV gel, Acrylic & Fibre Glass nails. I quickly realised from reading these boards and my own personal feelings that the diploma I received wasnt really worth much as I have hardly practiced on any nails and I did all 3 systems in one week.

My problem is this - I have now booked on to Creative's conversion course but I am a bit worried that this may be too advanced for me?? It does state you only need to prove your qualifications, which I can do.

Any advice? I cant really afford to do both the new starter and the conversion course as Ive just paid out for my recent diploma course.

Ive ordered the practice hand and nails and I have all three of system kits so Im hoping to get lots of practice before I attend the course - just dont feel all that confident.

Any advice?

Most worry that the conversion may be too advanced for them but it is mostly learning about the CND products and how they work,
all the educators are lovely and will soon put you at ease,
after your conversion course book for a skill builders class where they will concentrate more on improving your skills,
you will learn more on a skill builders day than you did on your whole diploma course and this will be more cost effective for you :hug:

Thanks so much for your reply. I feel a bit silly to be honest, Ive converted a room at home into a beautiful nail studio, I have all the essentials needed and Im not confident to try to find any clients! I did my own infills the other day and they were terrible! I SO want to be good at this. Im really hoping the Creative course will help me out. I will definitely be booking on the skill building one following the conversion course.

I was also contemplating Bio Sculpture but the cost of the course puts me off.

Thanks again.

Jayne xxx

I was in a similar situation as you. But i spoke to my local Creative educator and she said as Ive not been doing nails long at all she would do the conversion course and a mini foundation this was 2 days (conversion is usually one) and was still a great price! Not sure if all educators do this but its well worth asking.

Hths x

Hi, thanks for that - will ask about it.

Jayne xx

hi

if you are worried about anything speak to your educator as they will put your mind at ease. They will be able to answer any questions so you can look forward to the course and make the most of your time there!

HTH xx

Latest posts

Back