EE - I turned my client away!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubytues

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
My lash client came for her 3rd time today and I'm hoping you can tell I've done the right thing.
1st set went fine, she was new to eyelash extensions and I gave her a patch test 48 hours before. However when she came for her infill 2 weeks later I asked how she gone on, she said she loved them but she though she had 1 irritable lash in the week and there was a slight redness on her lid. She was fine and there was no redness when she came.

She was booked today for another infill, however she told me that last week both her eyes were itchy, more so than last time. Although there was no redness or itchyness today my gut instinct told me no to infill.

I told her there was a good chance she has an allergy to the glues and probably best not to infill.

Would you have done the same?
x

You did the right thing, but it could have been that she wasn't used to having them and they irritated her eyes!

Could you have placed a lash too close to the lash line?, I did this just last week and the symptoms were the same as you described.
That said, I think you totally did the right thing... I'm a massive advocate of following your gut instinct!

I think you did the right thing.

Thanks guys!
I thought maybe a lash could've been too close on the 2nd appointment so I was extra mindfull when infilling!
When she came for the next infill she said both eyes had itched, slightly worse than the 1st time.
It was my hut instinct but I just hopedo wasn't too hasty.

Hi,
I think you done the right thing.
I had a lady who's lashes i do and she said her eyes get really itchy and sore and some of the lashes were falling out, so between us we decided to stop doing them.
She rang me last week to say it's not the lashes that are the problem and that she's actually allergic to the make up remover she was using ( Simple).
So she's changed her make up remover and had her lashes done again and everything is fine. x

Do you have a sensitive glue to try with?
If a client is worried about any reactions or shows any symptoms but wants to carry on with lashes I always offer to try sensitive glue x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Do you have a sensitive glue to try with?
If a client is worried about any reactions or shows any symptoms but wants to carry on with lashes I always offer to try sensitive glue x

Hi, The sensitive glue still has the same ingredient as the fast drying glueing afraid so if they are sensitive to the fast drying, they'll be sensitive to the to the sensitive glue. X

Hi, The sensitive glue still has the same ingredient as the fast drying glueing afraid so if they are sensitive to the fast drying, they'll be sensitive to the to the sensitive glue. X

That has baffled me?
Where I worked we usually switched to the sensitive glue & most clients were fine.
Even the salon owner used it for a couple months when her lashes started to irritate her.
Why would they make a sensitive glue if it is the same thing?

Sorry this is going off course now but very intrigued! x

That has baffled me?
Where I worked we usually switched to the sensitive glue & most clients were fine.
Even the salon owner used it for a couple months when her lashes started to irritate her.

Ye me too!! x

Hi,

Yes you did the right thing, I have had this happen with a few clients over the years. Once a client insisted that I still do the infill and I did, knowing her quite well and warning her that she could react again, I went ahead anyway and guess what she took a reaction!

That has baffled me?

The company I did conversion training with advised that if a client reacts to the adhesive, then they'll react to the sensitive also.
I'd also tried sensitive with a client as she reacted to the faster drying previous to this and she reacted :-(

I think it depends what ingredient they have had a reaction to. I've had some clients that have become sensitive to normal glue but are fine with sensitive glue, and then others who could not use either types. Sorry if that doesn't make sense haha!

You definitely did the right thing though :) xxx

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated x

I think it makes more sence that it depends what ingredient they have a reaction to- Otherwise sensitive glue would be pointless!

So maybe when this happens it could be worth at least just doing a patch test with sensitive :)

Thanks for letting me take over here lol x

Latest posts

Back