EE: lashes growing on upper eyelids above lash line

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
i'm noticing quite a few of my clients have lashes growing on their upper eyelids (above normal lashline)? it only causes problems when doing express lashes as after a week or so, clients are getting back in touch saying they're becoming uncomfortable. once i've checked them, it's because the rogue lashes are being pulled due the normal positioned lashes (which they've got stuck to whilst EE's applied) have grown longer?

anyone have this problem? when i have spotted this on application i've told client and they've agreed i'm ok to pull them out but seems so unprofessional???

I would never recommend plucking hair from the lid. It could cause no end of infection and be very painful.
There's no reason why you need to do anything with these 'random' lashes, just avoid attaching a lash to them?
Maybe I don't really understand so it might be better if you post a picture but from experience I've never needed to remove any lashes.
Sorry I can't help further without seeing a picture to help understand the issue xx

Hi, I know what you mean. I have seen these aswell. Im very new to lashes and have been lashing them anyway but when the eyes are open it makes them more noticable so I have decided that I wont lash these ones anymore.

I dont do express method but if a client has these lashes couldnt you ust tape them up with a little bit of micropore tape and then that means they arent getting tangled into the other lashes.

I have also seen these lashes above the normal lash line. I dont put an extension on them as the extention looks odd and also sits above the other lashes. I would just avoid putting an extention on but i wouldnt pull them out either, ouch!
if the client questions why you havent put an extension on it, then explain it may look odd and out of place from the others. :D

Ooh I get what you mean now, them pesky lashes that we don't realise are out of place til the client opens their eyes lol

Yes for express or cluster taping back the odd lashes sounds like a great idea xx

Ooh I get what you mean now, them pesky lashes that we don't realise are out of place til the client opens their eyes lol

Yes for express or cluster taping back the odd lashes sounds like a great idea xx

They are hard to see untill you've lashed them and it's too late lol!

They are hard to see untill you've lashed them and it's too late lol!

Yes! Exactly! They're usually fairer than the clients proper lashes and can only be seen when the lash extension has been applied, it then pulls on the rogue lash, causing a 'pimple' (due the the rogue lash being pulled from the follicle) the only way round this so far had been to cut the lash, freeing it from the lash extension or pull it out.

Latest posts

Back