Electric nail file recommendations please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise2019

Reaction score
hi ladies.
Can anyone please recommend a good (not too expensive) electric nail file for a beginner please?

I'd recommend perfecting your acrylic application to the point where very little filing is necessary - do most of it with the brush. [emoji5]️

I wouldn't recommend an efile to a beginner. I think it's important to wait until you're confident and experienced with application and removal before you consider useing an efile.

I use a Kupa efile for infills and removals. I initially purchased a budget file but it was a waste of money. There is a big difference between them and I didn't feel as confident or in control using the budget file as there's much more vibration and the client will also feel this.

It's for removal or my own acrylics. I like to change them often. Appreciate your advice.

Sadly my lovely I was the same as you and I've burned myself. Luckily not so much that I've visibly damaged my nail but it hurt and was enough of a reminder that I need to properly perfect my acrylic application before using an efile so mines gone away in a drawer. Hand filing for me for the foreseeable. X

I second kupa as a great brand.

But whichever you choose, make sure that you get the relevant training.

And be careful especially if it's for removing your own because it'll be more difficult to control with your non-dominant hand.

I bought a "cheap" one of ebay as i'm a beginner as well and didn't want to commit to spending a couple hundred dollars incase i prefered hand filing . I started off only using it on my practice hand/nails , then moved on to my own hand , then a few family members and now after using for about 2 months i use it on my clients . I didn't use any of the bits that came with it as they were rubbish!! I bought a few different bits from todac usa and they are amazing, all of my bits are smooth tops . I will eventually update and get a "good" efile but right now i'm quite happy with it , just get good bits !

I bought a "cheap" one of ebay as i'm a beginner as well and didn't want to commit to spending a couple hundred dollars incase i prefered hand filing . I started off only using it on my practice hand/nails , then moved on to my own hand , then a few family members and now after using for about 2 months i use it on my clients . I didn't use any of the bits that came with it as they were rubbish!! I bought a few different bits from todac usa and they are amazing, all of my bits are smooth tops . I will eventually update and get a "good" efile but right now i'm quite happy with it , just get good bits !

Do you have a link to your file and the drill bits please?
Appreciate all the replies.

Where do you buy kupa in the uk?

Do you have a link to your file and the drill bits please?
Appreciate all the replies.

This is efile i have http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Prof...hash=item2a6f5e243b:m:m4cU8RcKneAQ-JcvgW9D6wQ

I get all of my bits from here http://todacusa.com/onlinestore/catalog/

If you buy bits from todac , i highly recommend the cuticle drill bit and ceramic smooth top . but look up a few reviews on youtube , i watched one from ninja fairy that convinced me to get those two bits . Also when i decided i was comfortable with using the efile on my clients , i always asked before hand and still do with new clients if they are comfortable with me using it on them :) Some clients dont like efiles if they have been cut or burnt by one before

Hey Hun! I bought a cheap one off eBay to start with. Which isn't brilliant! I just done a young nails e file course. And they're file cost me £600 but it is incredible! Obviously that's a ridiculous amount of money! So look for some that have a high rpm speed and maybe get just some e file heads from companies! I think you can do that?

This is efile i have http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Prof...hash=item2a6f5e243b:m:m4cU8RcKneAQ-JcvgW9D6wQ

I get all of my bits from here http://todacusa.com/onlinestore/catalog/

If you buy bits from todac , i highly recommend the cuticle drill bit and ceramic smooth top . but look up a few reviews on youtube , i watched one from ninja fairy that convinced me to get those two bits . Also when i decided i was comfortable with using the efile on my clients , i always asked before hand and still do with new clients if they are comfortable with me using it on them :) Some clients dont like efiles if they have been cut or burnt by one before
Thanks so much for your help. Brilliant.

Will check out the others too. Many thanks X

Crystal nails e file is worth buying £288 plus vat and no vibration cheap ones are hard to work with as the hand piece vibrates a lot xx

A brand worth checking out which not many people mention is saeyang marathon, they are a korean company BUT! dont panic as they produce medical grade drills and chiropody equipment, my drill cost £155 and they have UK stockists and repair services

A brand worth checking out which not many people mention is saeyang marathon, they are a korean company BUT! dont panic as they produce medical grade drills and chiropody equipment, my drill cost £155 and they have UK stockists and repair services
Which one do you have? I'm looking for a new one to buy

I've ordered a saeyang drill recently from 'toe and foot solutions' website and it comes with a 2 year warranty x

I also own a kupa original mani Pro and I absolutely love love love it

Latest posts

Back