electrical facials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimbubble

Reaction score
what are the benefits of desincrustation and iontophresis??

why not read your text books hun? I had the level 3 one, and it was full of useful info!

coz the text books that i got are really rubbish and not helpin me at all, and cant seem 2 find anythin else on the internet, thats y i asked!!

ok well I'd suggest you go to your college library and ask them for this book 'Beauty Therapy Level 3, by Jane hiscock, Elaine Stoddart & Jeanine Connor' or ask if they have BTec Beauty Therapy Sciences text book, as this is another fab book, both are aimed at level 3 treatments so you should find them useful :)

cheers very much!!!:)

no probs, and I promise you 100% that if you can find these books you will be an expert on electrical facial treatment theory in no time!!

Hope you don't think I was being harsh or sarcastic hun, it's just that if I emailed you your homework, you'd be none the wiser! good luck, and demand your library gets those books! Or check out ebay for some second hand text books xx

no didn't think u were, i was just getting confused, becuase in the text books that i got, for desincustation it says about effects at positive and negative electrodes, but we were only shown with oneelectrode and a little sponge!!

dont worry, just found somewhere on net which expalins it beter!!i get it now!!

good for you! and dont forget you'll need to cite the site (so's to speak) if you use the info to do any written work for college, so always make a note of the full address, date and time that you accessed the site :)

These galvanic treatments are quite complex but basically:

I like to think of Iontophresis simply as the introduction of a product into the skin using positive and negative electrodes.

The gel is pushed into the skin with the rollers as a current that matches the gels charge causes it to be repelled into the skin (in the same way that the same charged magnets push apart).

The first stage breaks down the acid mantle as it produces a alkaline reaction the current is then reversed so that the skin is returned to a balanced state. The electrode used first to push the product into the skin depends on the charge of the gel.

This product can be used to treat a number of skin types, depending on the gel you use.

Desincrustation is a deep cleansing treatment for oily skin or non infected acne skins.

It involves the drawing out of impurities in the skin by using a negative current (usually) with an alkaline product that breaks down the skins acid mantle. The sebum on the skin turns to soap through a process called saponification. A positive current is then used to re-balance and soothe the skin.

Therefore benefits are:

Iontophresis- increased effectiveness of product used e.g hydrating/soothing/anti-aging gel/balancing
Therefore you will get (depending on the gel):
Firmer skin
Calmed skin
Tightened pores
Better circulation

Desincrustation- Reduction in oilyness, extractions are easier after as the pores are relaxed, skin is more refined, improves circulation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back