Electroylsis and Sarcoidosis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anniepops

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I've a potential new client for electrolysis who suffers from Sarcoidosis on her face. Having never heard of it, I asked her to provide a note from her GP to say it's okay to carry out the treatment. However, client says her GP is useless and does not know anything about her condition as it is quite rare. She is reluctant to go to see him/ask for a note as she thinks he is of no use(!). I said that I would do some research and ask for the opinions of other electrologists. I have looked the condition up online and am undecided but the client is desperate to have electrolysis done and has booked a consultation with me next week. She has said that she will disclose the condition on her record card and sign for her permission to proceed. I will contact my insurance company on Monday to see what they say. In the meantime, has anyone had any experience with Sarcoidosis? Here is the link I have looked at so far:

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sarcoidosis/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Thanks in advance x

I feel that you need to get clearance from her GP. Her citing him as useless is not the point and I would not feel pressurised by her to proceed without it. I have a form which I give to clients so it is easy for the GP to indicate whether a client is suitable. I would write to her GP and get his agreement. I do not believe insurance companies accept waivers so be careful - have you contacted your insurance company for their opinion?

If she has been diagnosed with sarcoidosis then she should have a hospital consultant - probably a rheumatologist - who has seen her and can advise. Without a doctor's clearance you wouldn't be covered if something goes wrong, and at most clinics conditions like sarcoidosis are a direct contraindication for laser or electrolysis. If you do get a doctor's approval, definitely don't perform electrolysis on any area of skin where there is active sarcoidosis (rash or nodules).

Latest posts

Back