Employed by someone-who gets clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melaniexx

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

If I am employed by someone, is it the business’ responsibility to get clients or the employee ?

The business but I guess it makes sense for the employee to make some effort :)

The business would be responsible for promoting the employee, however, part of an employees role is to make good effort to re-book clients, promote other treatments, retail and to take part in promotional events (within work hours).
This is why most salons offer commission on top of a basic wage to give a motivating incentive to staff.

As above. I advertise for my staff but expect them to rebook clients and do a bloody good job.

Vic x

It's another vote here!. It's my job to get the clients in, but the therapists need to provide consistently high standards and ensure clients want to return.

It should be the bussiness’s job to capture new clients and the employees job to rebook them each time as a return client. The business should be the ones running marketing and PR campaigns / events etc

Thanks for everyone’s response. I was employed by someone who told me it was my responsibility to get the clients in. Apparently Acas told her if she was providing the work materials, it was my responsibility to bring in the clientele.

Thanks for everyone’s response. I was employed by someone who told me it was my responsibility to get the clients in. Apparently Acas told her if she was providing the work materials, it was my responsibility to bring in the clientele.

I can guarantee that she wouldn’t have been told that by ACAS.
She’s trying to pull a fast one and being rather short sighted to boot. If she’s not making any effort to market the business and get new clients, she’ll end up having to close the business. Might be an idea to start looking around for a new employer or suggest you pay her a flat rate rental fee and go self employed?

I can guarantee that she wouldn’t have been told that by ACAS.
She’s trying to pull a fast one and being rather short sighted to boot. If she’s not making any effort to market the business and get new clients, she’ll end up having to close the business. Might be an idea to start looking around for a new employer or suggest you pay her a flat rate rental fee and go self employed?

Yeah totally agree! I also phoned Acas and was told that was verging on self employment. Thanks for your advice. She told me it wasn’t working out in the end so I’m no longer employed!

She doesn’t sound very professional so don’t let it knock your confidence when applying for other positions. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back