England Stick on Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eob

Reaction score
Dear All

Sorry if this has been brought up before but I have been searching high and low for England flag (St George Cross) stick on false nails? I am absolutely useless at doing nail art and a client has asked me whether I know of anywhere for her young daughter to buy them.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks for your help
Em :green:

Sally's the wholesaler were selling them when i popped in the other day

nik said:
Sally's the wholesaler were selling them when i popped in the other day

Hi Nikki

Thanks for the quick reply. I will check them out on Monday (although my nearest is 50 miles away). Are they expensive, just so I can pass on info as seeing her mum tomorrow? No probs if you dont know.

Thanks again
Em

All you need is a white polish and some red striping tape, or a red striping pen. Go on give it a go, could be the start of a whole new nail art career

I thought it was a one off when I was asked to do this last week.
If you struggle to do nail art, why not see if you can use some red striping tape? hth

(BTW It's really easy if you use a nail art pen/brush - honest. Practice on some tips that are blue-tacked to an orange stick:hug: )

Sassy Hassy said:
All you need is a white polish and some red striping tape, or a red striping pen. Go on give it a go, could be the start of a whole new nail art career

Too quick for me Sass !

Sassy Hassy said:

Sorry Sass - you know I'm a slow typer!!!
Great minds think alike:lol:

Ok... I like the red striping tape idea.... is it sticky or do you apply it with something...?? Sorry to ask Im just all fingers and thumbs when it comes to nail art!! :)

Yup it's sticky hun. Apply it over the white polish (of course lol) and then seal with a top coat.

Striping tape is stickey, like very, very thin cellotape.
I had a flyer through from Sally's the other day, the stick-on nails were quite cheap but I cant remember the exact price.
Nailtopia have football stickers too but theyre various flags so not all St George.

1999judy said:
Sorry Sass - you know I'm a slow typer!!!
Great minds think alike:lol:
OOps! another slow typer here too! :o

Glorsclaws said:
OOps! another slow typer here too! :o

Lol, fastest finger first.......Sassy would always win

haha, that's what comes from being in the "Gobby geek Gang" all that posting makes you a speedy typer!

Sassy Hassy said:
haha, that's what comes from being in the "Gobby geek Gang" all that posting makes you a speedy typer!

NO COMMENT :wink2:

i did some today with white polish over the whole nail then just red polish & a steady hand lol to do the cross, it looked nice xxx

thought "too much fun" might do some pre cut templates for those people unable to paint a straight line but unfortunately not. So I think the idea of red striper tape is brill, unless you can cut a template yourself out of sticky back plastic, blue peter style lol :Grope: I did think about using self adhesive silk, to blank out parts of the nail but that may turn out expensive and time consuming.
Has anyone tried it with gel, maybe a white base coat and then draw a groove and paint it in with a red gel. The striper brushes are very thin and would give a good line and a steady hand may not be as essential when using a gel as you can hold the brush above the nail to direct the gel. Just a thought off the top of my head, I haven`t tried it.

I am sure I saw some self adhesive ST George nails in the Next directory summer book.
You could do it with gel ~ I often do stripe designs in coloured gel, they are really effective -

but I would suggest you did the red gel first then the white its easier.

Painting the flag on in acrylic paint might be easier and not as much hassle to clean if you make a mess.
HTH

to be honest and this is totally my opinion i would avoid the striper paint pens and go for the long striper brush and a little nail art paint...the striping brushes in the pens are too hard to control i had been using them for a while then i bought a brush and its soooo much easier to do straight lines with the pens are slippy...but if you get a good amount on the striper brush you can drag the paint down/across the nail easy as it kind of sticks to the nail instead of slipping off! i have no steady hand i promice but this i have found is the easiest way! and i must have gone through 50 striper paints of all brands types etc ....now i just dip my brush in the striper paints so they are not wasted x

Latest posts

Back