Lash extension disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elixa

Reaction score
Hi, wondering if anyone can give me any advice.

After years of debating whether to have lash extensions I decided to give it a go before Christmas. I spent weeks researching it, how to choose a salon, how to look after them etc.

But now as they’re starting to come out I can clearly see I have patches that are almost bald and am devastated!

I paid a premium to have them done at an established salon (stupidly thinking that high price equals good service!) but I was straight away concerned when the girl who was doing them looked about 16! Age probably doesn’t matter but I did wonder just how much experience someone so young could have. The next thing that concerned me was once the lashes had been done my eyes were stuck together, and to my horror she then got a pair of scissors and proceeded to snip away at my lashes until I was able to open my eyes! I could clearly see at this point that my bottom lashes were none existent, and I really don’t know why I didn’t say something straight away.

So first question... is it normal for the lashes to be stick together like this? And is it normal to cut them with scissors?

Secondly, I have meticulously looked after my lashes and followed all advice from the salon and in professional websites. I have noticed that when my lashes are falling out there are more than one lash stuck into each individual lash, around 4 fake lashes to each natural. I had traditional lash extensions, not volume, cluster etc. So again is this normal?

And it is definitely not a result of getting used to the false lashes why I think they look thinner as I wisely took detailed close up pics of my lashes before having the extensions done, and whilst my natural lashes are not very long, they are pretty thick/lots of volume, and there is a massive difference now compared to the pics.

I should probably add that 2 weeks after I’d had them done they looked a bit of a mess and I had a big night out planned Xmas eve so went back for infills. I purposefully didn’t don’t ask for the same girl but got her! I wish I’d made my excuses and left but stupid misplaced politeness stopped me, asit did when I was in a lot of pain whilst she was doing the infills - she was pulling my lashes out at the root, I could feel the popping sensation every time she pulled one out and it was pretty painful! Again, is this normal for infills?

Will my lashes grow back? Can I do anything to aid regrowth? And does my experience sound normal? I read many professional opinions that say they shouldn’t affect your natural lashes if looked after properly and applied properly but they definitely have and I’m absolutely gutted. Never again!

Last edited:
No this is not normal! She shouldn’t of glued your lashes together or cut them. I use eye pads or micro pore tape to stick the lower lashes down so this doesn’t happen I also get the client to open their eyes through the treatment to check no lashes have stuck. If a lash does stick I would use lash remover gel to unstick it but never cut or pull natural lashes out. Also sounds like she’s used to much glue especially if you have bald patches. I would go back in and speak to the manager as it sounds like she needs more training x

Latest posts

Back