Enough is enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireJones

Reaction score
One for the mobile hairdressers , how do you go about ' not taking any more new clients ' without doing yourself out of work?

I work Monday. Wed, Thursday , fri & Saturday ( 12 hr days two of them )

I'm happy with the amount I have , but scared if after 6 week gap ill have no clients booked in xx

I just say im fully booked and offer them a date to suit me also means I can stagger things even if it means they wait an extra week for colour, when starting it was hard but now im really busy with little gaps but try and get 90% of clients to book again before I leave

When it's new client and if they want that day I try to do my best to do them so they see how well I work and next time even if I don't have appointments they will wait but until they see your good they won't care if u say I'm full booked.. They will go elsewhere. I have worked till 3am somedays 2am with no lie I have worked in one day 18 hours etc and 80% of my clients comes back if not 90% I can't think of any that didn't do again just there might be but can't think lol

When it's new client and if they want that day I try to do my best to do them so they see how well I work and next time even if I don't have appointments they will wait but until they see your good they won't care if u say I'm full booked.. They will go elsewhere. I have worked till 3am somedays 2am with no lie I have worked in one day 18 hours etc and 80% of my clients comes back if not 90% I can't think of any that didn't do again just there might be but can't think lol

Only if desperate will they go elsewhere, my rep when I was mobile, and the fact I was usually fully booked up to 6 weeks in advance (working mon to fri eve, sat all day and Sunday am) with the odd slots left in between I would try my hardest to squeeze them in but then if I couldn't most would wait due to either hearing good things or, someone with so much time on offer but little space must be doing something right ?!?!

If they really want you they will wait ;) I would never be desperate enough to work till 2am to keep a client, they begin to expect it and take the mick

If they really want you they will wait ;) I would never be desperate enough to work till 2am to keep a client, they begin to expect it and take the mick

Here here, you learn this the hard way most of the time lol.

One for the mobile hairdressers , how do you go about ' not taking any more new clients ' without doing yourself out of work?

I work Monday. Wed, Thursday , fri & Saturday ( 12 hr days two of them )

I'm happy with the amount I have , but scared if after 6 week gap ill have no clients booked in xx

When I stopped taking new clients, I let my clientele know I was doing so, and if they did have someone new who really wanted to see me, that person had to give me a referral name. And I simply turned away any random newbies. It keeps you busy and exclusive.

Only if desperate will they go elsewhere, my rep when I was mobile, and the fact I was usually fully booked up to 6 weeks in advance (working mon to fri eve, sat all day and Sunday am) with the odd slots left in between I would try my hardest to squeeze them in but then if I couldn't most would wait due to either hearing good things or, someone with so much time on offer but little space must be doing something right ?!?!

Well yeah but that was b4

But I still do some late clients as I have some clients that live in another town 2 hours away from here so when they come to get their hair done they come in like 5-6 people so I have to do everyone I always finish really late lol.

Last edited:
When you guys talk about mobile hairdressers you mean you go to clients houses? And if si.. How do you was their hair while coloring.. Bleach bath or streaking? Sry lol here in canada we dont have much mobile hairdressers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SalonGeek

Just book them at your next available date, as with your other clients too and do it that way xoxo

When you guys talk about mobile hairdressers you mean you go to clients houses? And if si.. How do you was their hair while coloring.. Bleach bath or streaking? Sry lol here in canada we dont have much mobile hairdressers

Everyone has a shower or sink lol

Oh i see.. The client would have to wash her hair in the shower

I used to wash mine, they leant over, and I washed

I used to wash mine, they leant over, and I washed

Same lol but some clients have washed their hair in the kitchen sink errr I'd never do that. That's just disgusting

Same lol but some clients have washed their hair in the kitchen sink errr I'd never do that. That's just disgusting

Mine have never not one of them lol

Latest posts

Back