Entity: Who uses it and what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel Mary

Reaction score
Hi
Entity has now come to Australia and I am thinking of purchasing the kit when they do a launch in Adelaide as it comes with training.
I received the all the information on the products and the company yesterday and from packaging and logo it looks fantastic, but we all know that its the product that matters no matter how pretty it looks.
Could all you geeks that use it let me know what you think of the product and how it measures up to the other top end products.
Thanks in advance.
cheers
Rachel :hug: :green: :hug:

Hi Honey
I use Entity and as with any new system you want to try have the training also so you get the best from it. (Entity are excellent with training as well as the cost)

I love the range you can tell Nail Tech's designed the whole range by the salon friendly way it works. You won't be disappointed if you purchase the kit:)

In the USA they have an Entity Advantage for their members........will be a wonderful bonus if it happens everywhere else.

If you do, let us know what you think. x

you wont regret it, i have no problems in the application and the durability is fabulous too.

Good to hear Rachel,

Mindy H - Maree A, & webmaster [ members ] are great Aussie techs & have a pool of resource for all techs new, old & indifferent.

Sample Entity & discuss the system with
Christine Mayer
Creatives New Edge: nail products, nail supplies, nail technician education, nail care, nail polish, manicure, acrylic nails, nail art, gel nails, nail course, nail professional supplies, nail technician course, beauty, design, kit Melbourne, Austral Enjoy :)

Hi Jnail
Have already been in contact via a few emails with christine, and I am just waiting for the launch dates in Adelaide! Just getting some opinions from all the users while I am waiting patiently (not!)
cheers
Rachel

]

I've been experimenting with it, and so far I've found things to like and things to dislike. I LOVE the sculpting brush (CND--make one like this! Please! :D), and I notice that I have to try very hard to get air bubbles in the pink. I'm not crazy about the feel of it, though. Especially the white--it's a bit like a rubber band, it doesn't stay in place where I push it like the CND does. I guess it's VERY self-leveling.

Over all, the pink and white nails are pretty, but I much prefer the workability of CND (and can't imagine why certain EAs have "defected" over to Entity!).

My two cents. :)

Elyse
I to have sampled Entity as we speak. I have to say the brush is great, but who in there right mind will fork over $60 for one not me. :irked: I see other brushs like it other places & you watch companys will have them soon & they will be a more cost effictive price. I know they come in a kit, but I am not ready to commit to be a "member" lol. I guess I have been in this biz so long, I see marketing ploys right away. Ppl are lead to believe its Tom & Tom's company when in fact it isn't. I could go on but I won't bore with you that issue lol

I am not a fan of any blue toned momomers, to me it leaves a blue cast to your finished nail, it also will cause Marbling in your whites. I am stuck on true color. lol. I found the white to set up way to fast, its not that workable. I am not liking the pink at all due to its color, its almost naturel, hardly any pink tone at all. & its clear pink, I am now using it over a pink I use at the apex, I may have to add something to it, to make it more workable lol. I didn't get the nudit powders, I have no clients who want moons, nor do I want to do them lol. I may get some to just try the pinks & see how they work.

I do however love the clear & the Nat powders, if I had clients who wanted this type of nail, I would switch over asap. There are no bubbles at all, this would be a plus for newbies. I don't get them at all. I know how to work my products ratio. it is also a push/pull/tap product. I had to work at this, lol, coz my product just place & it works itself:) :) I also see other companys are coming out with bubble free "new" products, so my question would be, why didn't they have all a long. :Grope: why wait till now, to bring them out, just because of Entity taking over the industry right now. They are scambling.

In my vast expirence :cry: this too will pass. Its all new hype, & it will be on the forfront for a while. They have absolutly nothing new that hasn't been used or bought, it comes in great packaging, & has two great well know Techs selling it for them. I for one, don't like the finished nail, to me it looks so Fake! I have no clients or have ever seen nails like those on anyone. I also don't do Tammys nails either, :rolleyes: they look Fake as well. I do love the products she offers, & everything she does for us as Nail techs. Entity is copying everything she had done. You just have to step out of the box, & do you own thing . Your nails are nat looking & so are mine.

As for other well knowns jumping ship, its sometimes who pays the most! lol. money talks. The cost for Entitys class in my humble opinion is way over the top sorry I am not footing that !!! I know some in the know, who sell/educate for so & so, & use a totally product in thier salons. Sad but true. Its just the new kid on the block right now, so ppl are interested.

Barb

Elyse
I to have sampled Entity as we speak. I have to say the brush is great, but, who in there right mind will fork over $60 for one not me. :irked: I see other brushs like it other places & you watch companys will have them soon & they will be a more cost effictive price. I know they come in a kit, but I am not ready to commit to be a "member" lol. I guess I have been in this biz so long,I see marketting ploys right away. Ppl are lead to believe its Tom & Toms company when in fact it isn't. I could go on but I won't bore with you that issue lol
I am not a fan of any blue toned momomers, to me it leaves a blue cast to your finished nail, it also will cause Marbling in your whites. I am stuck on true color. lol.
I found the white to set up way to fast, its not that workable. I am not liking the pink at all due to its color, its almost naturel, hardly any pink tone at all. & its clear pink, I am now using it over a pink I use at the apex, I may have to add something to it, to make it more workable lol. I didn't get the nudit powders, I have no clients who want moons, nor do I want to do them lol. I may get some to just try the pinks & see how they work.
I do however love the clear & the Nat powders, if I had clients who wanted this type of nail, I would switch over asap.
There are no bubbles at all, this would be a plus for newbies. I don't get them at all. I know how to work my products ratio. it is also a push/pull/tap product. I had to work at this, lol, coz my product just place & it works itself:) :)
I also see other companys are coming out with bubble free "new" products, so my question would be, why didn't they have all a long. :Grope: why wait till now, to bring them out, just because of Entity taking over the industry right now. They are scambling. In my vast expirence :cry: this too will pass. Its all new hype, & it will be on the forfront for a while. They have absolutly nothing new that hasn't been used or bought, it comes in great packaging, & has two great well know Techs selling it for them.
I for one, don't like the finished nail, to me it looks so Fake! I have no clients or have ever seen nails like those on anyone. I also don't do Tammys nails either, :rolleyes: they look Fake as well. I do love the products she offers, & everything she does for us as Nail techs. Entity is copying everything she had done. You just have to step out of the box, & do you own thing . Your nails are nat looking & so are mine.
As for other well knowns jumping ship, its sometimes who pays the most! lol. money talks. The cost for Entitys class in my humble opinion is way over the top sorry I am not footing that !!! I know some in the know, who sell/educate for so & so, & use a totally product in thier salons. Sad but true. Its just the new kid on the block right now, so ppl are interested.

Barb
Thank you for your opinion, will take all into consideration.
xxxx

Elyse
I to have sampled Entity as we speak. I have to say the brush is great, but who in there right mind will fork over $60 for one not me. :irked: I see other brushs like it other places & you watch companys will have them soon & they will be a more cost effictive price. I know they come in a kit, but I am not ready to commit to be a "member" lol. I guess I have been in this biz so long, I see marketing ploys right away. Ppl are lead to believe its Tom & Tom's company when in fact it isn't. I could go on but I won't bore with you that issue lol

I am not a fan of any blue toned momomers, to me it leaves a blue cast to your finished nail, it also will cause Marbling in your whites. I am stuck on true color. lol. I found the white to set up way to fast, its not that workable. I am not liking the pink at all due to its color, its almost naturel, hardly any pink tone at all. & its clear pink, I am now using it over a pink I use at the apex, I may have to add something to it, to make it more workable lol. I didn't get the nudit powders, I have no clients who want moons, nor do I want to do them lol. I may get some to just try the pinks & see how they work.

I do however love the clear & the Nat powders, if I had clients who wanted this type of nail, I would switch over asap. There are no bubbles at all, this would be a plus for newbies. I don't get them at all. I know how to work my products ratio. it is also a push/pull/tap product. I had to work at this, lol, coz my product just place & it works itself:) :) I also see other companys are coming out with bubble free "new" products, so my question would be, why didn't they have all a long. :Grope: why wait till now, to bring them out, just because of Entity taking over the industry right now. They are scambling.

In my vast expirence :cry: this too will pass. Its all new hype, & it will be on the forfront for a while. They have absolutly nothing new that hasn't been used or bought, it comes in great packaging, & has two great well know Techs selling it for them. I for one, don't like the finished nail, to me it looks so Fake! I have no clients or have ever seen nails like those on anyone. I also don't do Tammys nails either, :rolleyes: they look Fake as well. I do love the products she offers, & everything she does for us as Nail techs. Entity is copying everything she had done. You just have to step out of the box, & do you own thing . Your nails are nat looking & so are mine.

Barb

i am trained with tt and entity barb.
i just wanted to comment on a few things you said.

i think you are right about the nail images we see on the entity advertising, they do look really unrealistic. however when you use the products you can produce nails in whatever style you want them to be. you can make a really stylised nail like in the ad or you can do a totally convincing natural lookie likey or something in between the two.

i think the brushes are very expensive on their own , i'm glad mine came in the kit. i had been using the product at first as a sample with another brand of brush, but when i got the real thing o.m.g the difference was great ! i have to say that if i need to replace it i would now probably spend on the entity brush. i tell you if you think $60 is expensive, spare a thought for british techs who pay £60 which is almost double. the u.s.a techs could not believe the prices we pay here in britain, but its all due to the fact that we have to import the stuff.

on the whites, i find that unlike some other leading brands i never get marbling with entity, not even when i add extra bits of white to get a more dramatic smile line. and entity have now got a slower speed monomer for those who find the original one hard going. i think that will really help newbies as the product does set fast.

i too like my pink a little pinker and find i can acheive this by mixing in a little of the pink nudite powders.

i recently flew to the states to attend the entity training studio. i have to say it was the best education i have ever recieved. and i've taken training with quite a few leading companies. the course cost included lavish breakfasts and lunches, drinks ,refreshments, snacks and on the last day a grat free cocktail party with all the team and a delicious asian buffet.. every time we left our seats for a break the team placed loads of free items on our desks, t.shirts pens keyrings appontment cards etc etc. and it was no trash either, all really top quality stuff. the kits we got were awesome too and they kept on bringing round extra powders etc. they really treated us like royalty and made sure we knew they valued our business.
the actual training was super too. tom , tom and alisha demonstrated the techniques on stage and the images were projected on to a huge screen, giving us all a really clear view of what they were doing. this was much better than standing round the table as a group as we got a huge magnified image to watch. then as we tried the techniques for ourselves members of the education team worked round the room to help as we needed it.
even the 'big names' were really aproachable and laughed and joked with us ordinary techs. that course was worth every peny and more.
and there was no hard sell, products were available for us to purchase at a discount in a seperate room if we required them.

i think tammy taylor really values her techs and i like the way she does so much for them. if entity copy her ethos, it must be because shes a great role model.:green:

Vicky,
you are so sweet, thanks for your post. :hug: I hesitate to post over here lol.
Your class sounded wonderful. I may have to fork over the big bucks one day. I have been sampling it for a month now, Had lifting at first, I am used to a wet ratio so I had to make my beads dryer. I have no lifting now. I also see where you only dip the tip of the brush in your monommer not the whole head lol. That works better too. Its great we have so many good products to work with.
thanks again
Barb :)

i am trained with tt and entity barb.
i just wanted to comment on a few things you said.

i think you are right about the nail images we see on the entity advertising, they do look really unrealistic. however when you use the products you can produce nails in whatever style you want them to be. you can make a really stylised nail like in the ad or you can do a totally convincing natural lookie likey or something in between the two.

i think the brushes are very expensive on their own , i'm glad mine came in the kit. i had been using the product at first as a sample with another brand of brush, but when i got the real thing o.m.g the difference was great ! i have to say that if i need to replace it i would now probably spend on the entity brush. i tell you if you think $60 is expensive, spare a thought for british techs who pay £60 which is almost double. the u.s.a techs could not believe the prices we pay here in britain, but its all due to the fact that we have to import the stuff.

on the whites, i find that unlike some other leading brands i never get marbling with entity, not even when i add extra bits of white to get a more dramatic smile line. and entity have now got a slower speed monomer for those who find the original one hard going. i think that will really help newbies as the product does set fast.

i too like my pink a little pinker and find i can acheive this by mixing in a little of the pink nudite powders.

i recently flew to the states to attend the entity training studio. i have to say it was the best education i have ever recieved. and i've taken training with quite a few leading companies. the course cost included lavish breakfasts and lunches, drinks ,refreshments, snacks and on the last day a grat free cocktail party with all the team and a delicious asian buffet.. every time we left our seats for a break the team placed loads of free items on our desks, t.shirts pens keyrings appontment cards etc etc. and it was no trash either, all really top quality stuff. the kits we got were awesome too and they kept on bringing round extra powders etc. they really treated us like royalty and made sure we knew they valued our business.
the actual training was super too. tom , tom and alisha demonstrated the techniques on stage and the images were projected on to a huge screen, giving us all a really clear view of what they were doing. this was much better than standing round the table as a group as we got a huge magnified image to watch. then as we tried the techniques for ourselves members of the education team worked round the room to help as we needed it.
even the 'big names' were really aproachable and laughed and joked with us ordinary techs. that course was worth every peny and more.
and there was no hard sell, products were available for us to purchase at a discount in a seperate room if we required them.

i think tammy taylor really values her techs and i like the way she does so much for them. if entity copy her ethos, it must be because shes a great role model.:green:
Hi
Thanks for your post, it sounds great. Wish I had the money to pay for that kind of training! I agree, products will do what you want them to do, natural looking or the more dramatic look thats shown in the posters. Its the quality of the product and the durability that counts.
Cheers
Rachel:green:

Hi
Thanks for your post, it sounds great. Wish I had the money to pay for that kind of training! I agree, products will do what you want them to do, natural looking or the more dramatic look thats shown in the posters. Its the quality of the product and the durability that counts.
Cheers
Rachel:green:

i know what you mean about the cost, i agonised for ages over it, but i thought it was an investment in my career. i also do some education myself and i think its benifited my students too.
even flying over there i was thinking whether i might have wasted my money, i couldnt have been more wrong !

Latest posts

Back