Environ skincare - need doctor to buy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lks

Reaction score
hello geeks!

I've been stalking salongeek for years now and will finally be enrolled to become an esthetician in the fall. It's something that I've known I wanted to do for a while now but couldn't before.

Over the years I've read soooooo many wonderful things about environ and knew that when I could finally afford it (it's definitely not cheap here in the USA) I would want to use it to clear up my skin and then for anti-aging.

I've been using it with great results now for a couple of months now and I've really had my heart set on using it once I've had my own business. HOWEVER, I just found out from my esthetician, and was flabbergasted to hear that I need a doctor to sign off on product orders??? Does anyone know anything about this???? I know almost everyone here is from the UK or somewhere that's not the USA but Id be grateful if anyone could share anything they know about this.

To be honest I'm really deflated about this and feel that it's a big hurdle to overcome if I use it in my business. Maybe that's why so few people use environ here. I emailed environ a couple of days ago about it but havent heard back.

I live in Florida.

Thanks

I've used environ for many years now but in the U.K. I've never heard of it being doctor led. Obagi yes, but not environ. Are you sure you've been given the right information? Could she be fobbing you off so you don't corner her market? Just a thought!

Good luck

Vic x

I won't lie, the thought crossed my mind! But the way she said it didn't make me think so. She also mentioned that environ is having a huge problem importing their DF machines because it is being considered a medical device here in the US. I will keep trying to confirm with environ but I really hope it isn't so!

I suggest you contact environ directly as the head office in SA says your info given was wrong.
So just make sure.

They DO have a medical range only which is used by dermatologist skin care centres and yes you need to be a doctor as the needling is very deep and they work with higher retinoles but not for regular salon use.
Essentially it is a fancy galvanic machine with extras [emoji51].

Just contact environ USA directly yourself that is the best option . Each country has their own laws so make sure.

I suggest you contact environ directly as the head office in SA says your info given was wrong.
So just make sure.

They DO have a medical range only which is used by dermatologist skin care centres and yes you need to be a doctor as the needling is very deep and they work with higher retinoles but not for regular salon use.
Essentially it is a fancy galvanic machine with extras [emoji51].

Just contact environ USA directly yourself that is the best option . Each country has their own laws so make sure.

Thats for your reply! I emailed them but haven't heard back. I will try calling next week and will update once I'ce spoken with them. Maybe my esthetician uses some of the items from the medical range and that's why she needs someone to sign off. I'm happy to hear I may have been misinformed!

Shame I really hope you able to stock this product range, I love the result I have gotten on myself never mind my clients.

Regulations change quite often so perhaps our office is not aware of each global change as global is not the same as environ SA, even though they are. It's confusing I know.
So best to just call them yourself or in this case wait for a reply.
If you emailed head office there is long week end till Tuesday so they won't reply till then.

Thanks to all those who replied! I called the distributor for my area and I was told that to set up an account with environ you have to be medically affiliated and that's when a doctor needs to step in and confirm the affiliation. However, that's the only time you need them. The doctor does not need to sign off on product orders at all.

I still don't know who I would ask to set up the account with me, but that's much less of a hurdle then needing the doctor to sign off on everything everytime!

I forgot to ask about the DF machine but I guess I'll see when the time comes!

Gosh that's news to me thank you for the info x

hello geeks!

I've been stalking salongeek for years now and will finally be enrolled to become an esthetician in the fall. It's something that I've known I wanted to do for a while now but couldn't before.

Over the years I've read soooooo many wonderful things about environ and knew that when I could finally afford it (it's definitely not cheap here in the USA) I would want to use it to clear up my skin and then for anti-aging.

I've been using it with great results now for a couple of months now and I've really had my heart set on using it once I've had my own business. HOWEVER, I just found out from my esthetician, and was flabbergasted to hear that I need a doctor to sign off on product orders??? Does anyone know anything about this???? I know almost everyone here is from the UK or somewhere that's not the USA but Id be grateful if anyone could share anything they know about this.

To be honest I'm really deflated about this and feel that it's a big hurdle to overcome if I use it in my business. Maybe that's why so few people use environ here. I emailed environ a couple of days ago about it but havent heard back.

I live in Florida.

Thanks
No in U.K. I have not heard that I would preserve & speak to environ

No in U.K. I have not heard that I would preserve & speak to environ

Thanks for replying! I called my closest distributer and they said that I'd have to be medically affiliated to open an environ account and that's the only time I'd need a doctor. It's better news for sure, but still annoying none the less because I don't know of any doctor I can ask to sign off.

Can't you just ask your own Dr?

Can't you just ask your own Dr?

I moved to Florida about 2 years ago and haven't been to a doctor yet. I feel I would need to have some rapport with them before I can ask. Maybe I'll start going to one lol

Yes I agree, a rapport does help. It's good you haven't had to go though!!! X

Thanks for replying! I called my closest distributer and they said that I'd have to be medically affiliated to open an environ account and that's the only time I'd need a doctor. It's better news for sure, but still annoying none the less because I don't know of any doctor I can ask to sign off.
Defo different legislation in your country as the rep I met with this week never mentioned anything of the sort x

Latest posts

Back