Equipment recommendations?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clareh

Level 3 hairdresser, nail and brow tech
Reaction score
Christmas is coming and I'm a newly qualified stylist renting a chair in a salon! My partner bought me some swish new scissors and a carry case when I qualified, I have mostly college kit stuff so what else would be good to ask for.. new set of combs and brushes? Hairdryer? What will benefit my work most in the years to come?
I cut, colour and do updos/styling and only do family outside of work.

Christmas is coming and I'm a newly qualified stylist renting a chair in a salon! My partner bought me some swish new scissors and a carry case when I qualified, I have mostly college kit stuff so what else would be good to ask for.. new set of combs and brushes? Hairdryer? What will benefit my work most in the years to come?
I cut, colour and do updos/styling and only do family outside of work.
Comb wise I use head jog can get anywhere like salon services Dennis Williams. Hairdryers Parlux are very good, but about £150 I have a Haito one as training on level 3 and was only £40 but I like it!! Also STR dryers ain’t bad. Brushes denman round brushes I like but going to hair show next week to buy some, so not sure on brushes got head jog with kit there not bad, just wanted to upgrade personally so bought one denman medium one for £12 and I like it not much help am I haha x

I’ve slways used Denman and have quite a few of their brushes- they are the best at that price! I was looking at ys park, as an investment but like you I don’t have the experience to know what is worth spending my money on, let me know any goodies you come across on your hair show- we are probably similar in our needs for equipment xxx thanks so much! Xx

Yeah i defiantly will do!! Will write back Monday night, hoping they got some goood stuff want some new brushes for curly blows xx

Hi - just to jump on this thread. Im looking to get my g/f some decent scissors as she's always nicking her stylists set - she mentioned thinning scissors (I know nothing about hair) any recommendations please sub £100

Hi - just to jump on this thread. Im looking to get my g/f some decent scissors as she's always nicking her stylists set - she mentioned thinning scissors (I know nothing about hair) any recommendations please sub £100
There’s jaguar make ones around £70 plus. Nice too. Can get a nice pair for about £85 plus. salon direct are ok, not much dearer than the ‘ wholesaler’ prob same and next day delivery! Salon services ain’t even cheaper in my opinion x

For hair dryer and straighteners I swear by my ghd and brushes I like Olivia garden or headjog x

I have a headjog brush which, yes, I actually really love it! And Olivia garden isn’t a brand I’ve heard of.. so lots of looking. I’ve heard good things about ys park combs and I would love to try them xx

I have a headjog brush which, yes, I actually really love it! And Olivia garden isn’t a brand I’ve heard of.. so lots of looking. I’ve heard good things about ys park combs and I would love to try them xx
There wasn’t even much at the hair show hair wise!!! Was mainly beauty, was very disappointed. Did get myself some fudge clean shampoo violet which is amazing!!! So good for removing yellow tones and brassy. No brushes there tho but ordered some head jog gold thermal ones, coming tomorrow so will let u know xx

Latest posts

Back