Essential nails or airbrushes.com

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaH73

Reaction score
Okay ladies, hubby says he'll treat me to an airbrush (been nagging for ages!) do i go for the essential airbrush nail course where you get everything and help learning or do i go for airbrush.com and buy the silver jet iwata one that you get all the bits and pieces with and work out about £70 cheaper. What i really want to know is, can you teach yourself or would the essential nails one be better?

Any help much appreciated as i don't want to make a costly mistake! :confused:

Have you looked at Su-do?

Their stuff is fab and you get a course included!

Hi Linda,

If you buy the Essential Nails one then you get a course as well as the kit - you will be shown on a video how to airbrush, you will complete various training cards and hand them in for marking and if you pass you will get a certificate.

If you buy the kit only then you will need some form of training - you cannot buy an airbrush etc and plug it in and away you go - you will end up with paint everywhere - you wont know how to clean it etc.

Check out Melle at All Things Nails either just for the training part or for a full kit. K-Sa-Ra (Chocolate) also do airbrush training.

There was a thread on here recently by Kimmi Rocks about airbrushing.

I got the essential nails course second hand, so am not planning to apply for the certificate etc. just use the airbrush and watch the video - now I knew it wouldn't be easy, but damn it's hard! :lol:

Like everything difficult it looks easy until you try it - I was like a 5 year old with the mess :lol:

I suppose what I'm saying is it's not easy to just pick up the brush and muddle through it, you need training, you need to get into good habits when cleaning and caring for your equipment (I got mine quite cheap and I think the seller thought it was broken, but it was seriously caked in dried on paint, a few hours soaking and cleaning and it's as good as new!)

If you get the equipment you'll have to add on the cost of good training which will probably be more than £70 unless you have someone local and good in your area.

It is excellent fun though

Trin
xx

naturalnails said:
Hi Linda,

If you buy the Essential Nails one then you get a course as well as the kit - you will be shown on a video how to airbrush, you will complete various training cards and hand them in for marking and if you pass you will get a certificate.

If you buy the kit only then you will need some form of training - you cannot buy an airbrush etc and plug it in and away you go - you will end up with paint everywhere - you wont know how to clean it etc.

Check out Melle at All Things Nails either just for the training part or for a full kit. K-Sa-Ra (Chocolate) also do airbrush training.

There was a thread on here recently by Kimmi Rocks about airbrushing.
That's what i was thinking its just that the iwata one also comes with a getting started book and video, presuming this will be similar to essential nails info only you aren't working towards a certificate. Suppose i just wondered if in the long run whether the iwata was a better make and whether the left over money might pay for a course where i'm in a class learning instead of video learning, if that makes sense.

The Airbrush Company is based in Lancing, West Sussex which is really close to me and when I popped in to see them about some cleaning stuff the guy told me the Essential Nails compressor and airbrush are one of the best you can buy, he wasn't able to tell me the exact brand they are as Essential Nails have them all rebranded and engraved with their logo etc. and they don't advertise who supplies them, but if he's a professional and he says they're good, it's recommendation enough for me!

For the extra £70 I would go with the Essential nails and get a recognised course certificate with it too.

Trinity Nails said:
The Airbrush Company is based in Lancing, West Sussex which is really close to me and when I popped in to see them about some cleaning stuff the guy told me the Essential Nails compressor and airbrush are one of the best you can buy, he wasn't able to tell me the exact brand they are as Essential Nails have them all rebranded and engraved with their logo etc. and they don't advertise who supplies them, but if he's a professional and he says they're good, it's recommendation enough for me!

For the extra £70 I would go with the Essential nails and get a recognised course certificate with it too.
Yep this is what i'm gonna do, thanks for your help and advice ladies don't know what i'd do without you all!!!! :)

i did the essential nails airbrush course and it was brilliant the stuff you get is really good value for money.and the compressor alone is really good.
you get everything you need so no extra outlay

Is that the green mini compressor but it is quite a powerful little thing?

Caz xxx

joannerowsell said:
i did the essential nails airbrush course and it was brilliant the stuff you get is really good value for money.and the compressor alone is really good.
you get everything you need so no extra outlay

Def Essential Nails - thier training package is fantastic.

Good luck,

Karen

Just to let you all know i went for the essential nails airbrushing course. It arrived yesterday and i can't wait to try it, so if you don't see me for a while you know what i'm up to!!!!!! :lol:

Thanks for all the great advice ladies, i'll let you know how i get on!

I just read all your posts about Essential Nails and have checked out their site. I didn't realise that they were home learn. Also, I trained with Creative so I have a hand trainer. I've e.mailed Essential Nails to see if they sell the course without one.

For those of you that have done the course: Can you really learn without somebody there to ask quetions of? I'm confused as to which way to go.

HI
I have done a air brushing course at it was great i done my with NAIL CREATIONS.
They are always at the end of the phone if you need any help.
I didnt just do the nail art,i did the tanning and the body art.
the company is realy good and sp are the products
hope that this will help

joxx

LindaH73 said:
Okay ladies, hubby says he'll treat me to an airbrush (been nagging for ages!) do i go for the essential airbrush nail course where you get everything and help learning or do i go for airbrush.com and buy the silver jet iwata one that you get all the bits and pieces with and work out about £70 cheaper. What i really want to know is, can you teach yourself or would the essential nails one be better?

Any help much appreciated as i don't want to make a costly mistake! :confused:

Kimmi Rocks said:
I just read all your posts about Essential Nails and have checked out their site. I didn't realise that they were home learn. Also, I trained with Creative so I have a hand trainer. I've e.mailed Essential Nails to see if they sell the course without one.

For those of you that have done the course: Can you really learn without somebody there to ask quetions of? I'm confused as to which way to go.
hi kimmi,
i did 3 courses acrylic tip and overlay, maintenance and airbrush
well worth it because at the time my youngest of 3 was at home,that was 3 years ago scince then
i did a conversion with antony buckley and he said my nails where great.
so i havent had much classroom experience but.........dont want to blow my own trumpet but i do a bloody good set of nails and my clients keep coming back.
they look good they last i dont get any lifting, but i've worked flippin hard to get that.....lol
not saying no too classroom but i think no matter what if you want to do decent nails you will try and try and keep trying no matter what until you do

I also did the homelearn airbrush with Essential. I thought it was fab, you go at your own pace, they are always there on the end of the phone to help and you get absolultely everything you need to train and set up in the salon.

You can rewind and rewind and redo and redo until you are totally happy.

The extra £70 can be justified by the amount you could sell the training hand for on ebay after the course!!

Kimmi Rocks said:

Hi, you can work on the nail trainer to do your essential course and honestly it works really well!!Go for it!!!

Latest posts

Back