Essential Nails? Start up help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I no I was thinking about getting the things I would be using rather than there products I seen on a few other threads people had used different tips and l+p I've done 4 other courses with them so can buy from all the wholesalers but this is testing me to my limit haha I think I find it harder as I've got my older boys off school and an 11 month old so I can only start when he goes to bed so I'm only getting around 2/3 hours max a night to practice then I just get to the point of being to tired and it all goes to pot tonight I'm going to try in the hand again I think see how i go I'd used all my tips so my new ones came today with my brush for round 50 lol x

If I done it again I'd consider using a whole new system to complete it, although I'd be scared they would find out lol

haha I don't think they would I think there's a few threads where a few have used there preferred brand lol what brand would you suggest I've just been looking at ellisons as its vat free weekend but they only really have ibd edge star or cnd x

I use inklondon, the whole system, everything from there, sanitising spray, gel polish, acrylics, primers, just everything, I love it and find it easy to work with, just wish they had a range of coloured acrylics, I'm waiting to do their conversion course, or a manicure course, or both with them lol

I have most trial kits from all the various brands, but ink London I liked the most x

great thanks I will have a look I think I will be doing a conversion course to when I finally get the course done thanks for your help x

Iv got a pot full of used nails whilst practising but I only had the course nails,plus I brought 2 more sets on top but I didn't even use the 3rd lot of tips & nails so I completed my course with not even 2 boxes! I just tried perfecting every nail I did and if I didn't feel it was good enough then I'd do another 4 my cards! Have u tried cjp acrylic system? It's brill! Iv now brought the bigger pots and also purchased a brush from them which is nice to work with also! My clear polish with the acrylic course started getting a bit thick and gakky so I used a clear polish of my own hoping they wouldn't notice haha! Xx

Iv got a pot full of used nails whilst practising but I only had the course nails,plus I brought 2 more sets on top but I didn't even use the 3rd lot of tips & nails so I completed my course with not even 2 boxes! I just tried perfecting every nail I did and if I didn't feel it was good enough then I'd do another 4 my cards! Have u tried cjp acrylic system? It's brill! Iv now brought the bigger pots and also purchased a brush from them which is nice to work with also! My clear polish with the acrylic course started getting a bit thick and gakky so I used a clear polish of my own hoping they wouldn't notice haha! Xx
I've just orderd more nails and tips and got the nsi sample kit off there website see if I fare any better with that I hate there polishes to they do go really gloopy after a few uses I've got my own stash of vinylux and shellac so i think I will use them aswell I just want it to click I'm
hoping it does soon X

I've just orderd more nails and tips and got the nsi sample kit off there website see if I fare any better with that I hate there polishes to they do go really gloopy after a few uses I've got my own stash of vinylux and shellac so i think I will use them aswell I just want it to click I'm
hoping it does soon X

My application is still by no means perfect and sometimes have to do extra filing, acrylic is a hard thing to master, I read somewhere it takes around 1000 sets of nails to be really good!

My application is still by no means perfect and sometimes have to do extra filing, acrylic is a hard thing to master, I read somewhere it takes around 1000 sets of nails to be really good!
I think I mite of done 1000 this week I've orderd another hand one that the tips slide in just to practice the overlay the good thing about it being so hard is It makes me want to be able to do it all the more the difference with a new brush last night was amazing it's slightly firmer so I can mould the acrylic better x

My en brush ended up square rather than pointy :o I hadn't done anything different with it or got acrylic etc stuck in it so god nos why it went like that,also didn't clean up around the cuticles either :( I think if u didn't want to use their red polish you can use a pillar box red so Iv read somewhere,but you cannot use gel polish xx

My en brush ended up square rather than pointy :eek: I hadn't done anything different with it or got acrylic etc stuck in it so god nos why it went like that,also didn't clean up around the cuticles either :( I think if u didn't want to use their red polish you can use a pillar box red so Iv read somewhere,but you cannot use gel polish xx
yh I seen it had to be polish not gel it's so frustrating haha I keep having a winge at my partner saying my brain is to old to learn new things Did you stick with that size brush or go down a size the brush I got was #10 but a lot of technicians I see only use an 8 i can't wait untill I can actually do it x

I got the size 8 with mine,load of tat lol! Think I'd be too scared to use the huge brushes that some use haha! Iv brought a cjp size 8 now but think I could of done with getting a 10 aswell xx

I wonder why they increased the brush size I got a size 10 kolinsky I may try an 8 see if it's any easier I'm waiting for my nsi stuff come now I orderd the sample kit and a weird practice hand just so I can keep doing the acrylic application rather than wasting the trainer nails see how I go with that x

Latest posts

Back