Essex Locks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.H.E

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Just a bit of a question regarding the titled supplier - I approached for a sample but have been given application forms after showing some work etc in order to get just a sample.

Has anyone used this supplier? If not, how would you feel about being asked to pay a fee in order to buy from a supplier?

I have not come across this type of thing yet and I did like the idea of having to show work in order to buy, I am not sure I want to just give them money (they also add you to their stockists page for this fee).

Just looking for some thoughts.

Hi geeks,

Just a bit of a question regarding the titled supplier - I approached for a sample but have been given application forms after showing some work etc in order to get just a sample.

Has anyone used this supplier? If not, how would you feel about being asked to pay a fee in order to buy from a supplier?

I have not come across this type of thing yet and I did like the idea of having to show work in order to buy, I am not sure I want to just give them money (they also add you to their stockists page for this fee).

Just looking for some thoughts.

God a fee is it a lot?

I wouldn't pay at all, at the end of the day a supplier wouldn't be in business without us, their customers.
Is it a prestige brand?
My suppliers send me samples of hair and products, add anything to my order at the last minute without payment because I trust them and they trust me

I wouldn't pay a fee to build a relationship with a supplier, or for a sample, or for anything.

A good supplier will value my custom, if not, then I won't use them. I'm more than just a number lol ;-)

Funnily enough I enquired on Monday night, they want to see the quality of your work and if it's not up to standard they have a 1 day (for experienced techs) course to train you up which is about £600. I'm not too sure tbh the hair is ment to be really good but it is really the same as AngelsLocks x

They didnt ask me to retrain, they said they would be happy to deal with me and gave me a price list and contract - the £395 was just to start trading with them.

Maybe it's to keep the brand exclusive? There's only supposed to be one stockist in each area but your not allowed to use any other form of mini locks apart from theirs. £300+ just to be listed as a stockist is a tad cheeky tho x

Yes, I think it might be; she mentioned they do not have anyone in Derby yet but I couldnt afford to only promote their hair, I would lose my customer base that have standard hair fittings x

Yeah that the same reason I haven't taken it any further I already have suppliers for mini locks which suits different budgets and I wouldn't want to be tied to just one supplier

Latest posts

Back