Eve Taylor users

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat123

Reaction score
Ladies,

I've just invested in some Eve Taylor products and have my first client booked in for a facial next week. I have practiced with Priadara and am offering both products for facials until I finish them but have managed to get her to book an Eve Taylor facial. We spoke about the products and I mentioned that I will be giving her a massage with the facial oils and she mentioned that a few therapists have told her not to use oil based products because she has open pores. She use to use Estee Lauder and has moved over to Clinique. Would using Eve Taylor and a facial oil affect her skin at all? Should I use a massage medium cream as opposed to an oil?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks xxx

Last edited:
Hi Nat

I'm no expert and did my training last week but effectively try and reassure her, oil attracts oil and the Eve Taylor facial blends use essential oils which each have a specific function and as long as you use the right blend it should help.

I would recommend you contact Headoffice next week with a consultation for your friend and I know they will be able to advise you and I'm sure Matt will reply at some point but they're all busy at the Manchester Show this weekend.

Remember I'm not an expert just trying to hep :)

Hi Nat

I'm no expert and did my training last week but effectively try and reassure her, oil attracts oil and the Eve Taylor facial blends use essential oils which each have a specific function and as long as you use the right blend it should help.

I would recommend you contact Headoffice next week with a consultation for your friend and I know they will be able to advise you and I'm sure Matt will reply at some point but they're all busy at the Manchester Show this weekend.

Remember I'm not an expert just trying to hep :)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have performed a facial on her and she has combination skin. She also has extremely good skin. The products don't contain more oil than water do they? I was going to use some grapeseed oil with a few drops of the facial oil (not sure which one) as I only have the mobile kit. I'm using the balancing cleanser and toner and wouldn't say it's oily at all!!

The oils already have a carrier oil, by diluting them further my assumption would be that you would reduce their effectiveness. Tell her that the essential oils Hydrate and oxygenate the skin killing bacteria. This helps control sebum.

The oils already have a carrier oil, by diluting them further my assumption would be that you would reduce their effectiveness. Tell her that the essential oils Hydrate and oxygenate the skin killing bacteria. This helps control sebum.

I was advised at eve taylor that I can do this just to get more of a lubricant as the facial oil bottles are small and it could work out expensive. I have just bought the mobile kit. My question is that when I spoke about the products and said I'll use a facial oil and not a massage cream she said that therapists have told her that she shouldn't use oily products as she has open pores - last time I gave her a facial she had combination skin. She use to use Estée Lauder but now uses Clinique. A facial oil isn't going to irritate her skin is it? Eve taylor products aren't oily are they? I'm starting to use them myself and love the after affect but since I'm still training it threw me a bit when she mentioned the open pores. Please note I have never seen a blemish on this girl and we meet weekly!!

Oh I see what you're saying. By oil based I am assuming Those other therapists meant mineral oil which could cause comedones so no prob with ET as the products don't contain mineral oils and some other nasties while some other skin care brands do.

Last edited:
Ah okay that's great and a good answer to give her. Thank you so much!! I've learnt something new.
I'm on my final studies and there's so much to learn and cover. Guess it all comes with experience xx

I agree its mineral oil that would congest the skin. Eve taylor oils would not.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back