Ex-biter, fear of naked nails during CND training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syncage

Reaction score
I'm starting my CND training next Monday- yeay!
In the course details it says no nail coverings, even nail polish. :irked:

My problem is:
A/ I'm totally addicted to Shellac and can't bear to be without it!
B/ I used to be a nail picker/nibbler.

I hate having naked nails and I'm worried that having them without polish I will slip into bad habits again. Anyone got any tips or advice.. or just some encouragement!

They won't be bare for long, you'll be working on each other and throughly engrossed. You'll be too tired to bite them after your class and will have too much going through your mind to worry about them.

Have fun, good luck on your journey

i had girls on my course who took their shellac off whilst sat in the seating area before the day's training started. They'd put it back on that evening and take it off again the next time they came in for training.

i dreaded naked nails and i'm not even a biter - I adore Shellac x

I was just going to suggest what Curvygirl has said. Keep your Shellac on, arrive early, and remove your shellac while you are there before the course starts. You'll be working on each other so your nails wont be bare for long. If that's not do-able then remove your shellac in the morning before you set off, it will only take you 20 mins including the time it takes to apply the wraps, then condition and file your nails after the removal so you could do it while you have your morning cup of tea :Love:

I'm in the same kind of position, I'm studying my level 3 beauty & we are not allowed our nails done. I'm also an ex nail bitter (and I literally bit them, and then the skin if there was no nail left) since I bought shellac Iv been wearing it, and it's killing me not having it on. I managed fine with regards to not biting my nails! Honestly! From September until now, although I did catch myself biting mine today (stressful situation) but I managed to go a long time! And even today I noticed before I'd done much harm!! I'm sure you'll be fine!! Try not to worry!! Xxx

I was a biter and picker until the age of 18 and I am shocked I'm admitting this but I have still have 2 picky fingers when I get stressed or sitting in traffic!

I also hate seeing my naked shellacless nails either as they just look so wrong.

I normally take mine of the night before or while waiting for the course to start as you know it is only going to take 10 minutes to remove.

Thank you all for sharing advice + experiences.
As I have quite a long drive to/from the Academy I think I will go with taking off shellac the night before!

Latest posts

Back