nail biting - help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
:eek: Hi, me again! Hope youd dont mind me keep asking questions on here, but ive got a personal one now!.....

I know this is an awful thing to admit to, but ive always been a nail biter!:Scared: , obviously, now im doing a man and ped course, I have a very good reason to stop - but when youve done it pretty much all your life, its hard! Ive been doing quite well since I started the course, but I still find myself nibbling now and then without realising at first, i dont bite them so bad that they are disfigured or anything, but I still hate it because when im doing someone elses nails, it so obvious when you see mine. I feel really embarrased about it and like I said, i am trying really hard now not to do it. Im having probs with my nails, in that when I do manage to grow them nicely (even if it is a slight growth!), they break really easily and are quite flaky at the edge, im getting some nail hardner tommorow, so hopefully that will help. But every week at colllege, we have to do each others nails, and im finding that whatever nail growth I have, is just filed away, some of them are shaping nicely which does make them look so much better, but some of the shorter once just arent getting chance to grow at all because they are getting filed EVERY week! My tutor seems to be someone who wouldnt be happy if I asked her if I could miss out on having mine done - even if it was just every other week. We usually pair of in two's, but there is always one group of three - and the group of three doesnt always get time to finish off properly, so if i skipped having mine done, it would save give us time to do someone else's without the major rush! Im going to mention it monday when I go in, but im dreading it because she is a bit funny in her ways...

The only other thing I could think of is to have false nails put on, this would help break the biting habit much quicker, and give my nails chance to grow underneath.., but is this advisable when you are training in man and ped? Again, I dont think she would be impressed with this, especially as (from my understanding), when you have false nails on, you cant just get a normal manicure treatment done on them each week?

Can anyone advise on this, im sat here worrying about the best way to go about this, and whether any of my ideas would be any good for somone in my position???

Latest posts

Back