Execessive oily nail plates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsFrmHeaven

Reaction score
Hiya guys,
I think i may have execessive oily nail plates, because i suffer really bad from liftin i have done for a while now . i have looked into my prep and everything and i seem to be doing OK with that but my nails just keep lifting. I use Creative acrylic.
I just wanted to know if any of you have had this problem with yourself or clients?? and what did you do to resolve this?
many thanks xxxx:green: :hug:

Bagpuss said:
are your hands sweaty....? just wondered cos i haven't had anyone with oily nail plates b4 and so wondered what to look out for. x
No hun, i thought of all that and no not that lol xxx:hug:

Thank you hunni ill give it a read xxx

Hi hun, is your client on any medication? x

My friend has what I call mutant cuticle, when I first started using the cuticle remover I was using it correctly but I was still getting lifting, so I decided to go over her nails with the cuticle remover twice, leaving it each time for at least a minute and a half.
Steps: Cuticle remover, leave for 1 1/2 min, then use my cuticle pusher and curette, then do it all over again.
Made a huge difference, we now have no lifting, it was like she had two layers of cuticle, sounds totally weird, ah?
This is only a suggestion but give it a try and see what happens. HTH

I have one client with very oily nail plates and have to use nailfresh and acid free primer on her to get her enhancements to say on with no lifting...she was also unable to keep nail enamel on her natural nails before we tried enhancemnts as it just peeled off all in one peice within an hour.

i have a client like this too ,i used to think the lifting was all down to me,but now most of my clients go 2 weeks,
whereas this lady sometimes has lifting within a few days ,
the only things i can think of is that she has exsessive oily nail plates or ,she is also on medication so could be one or the other....
if a client is on medication is there any way around the lifting ?...i presume not,but you never know !

Latest posts

Back