Exfoliation after dermaplaning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyaesthetics1

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m just wondering if you can help. After being trained fully, qualified and working for 3 years in a Dermaplaning I’ve always been under the impression that as it’s a manual exfoliation there is no need for a second exfoliation using product.

However, I’ve recently seen some videos posted online of someone a new client of mine has been to previously and had a bad reaction with.

The therapist has been qualified little over two months and does TWO exfoliations in her treatment, one before and one after Dermaplaning. Sometimes she apparently just does the one after Dermaplaning but my question is this. Has training changed? Surely exfoliating over the fresh, brand new skin will create problems. I’ve always been trained this is the time to place ingredients and products onto the skin to promote growth, soothe the skin, and protect it. As well as an SPF given the sensitivity after such a treatment.

Hi , I cannot comment on dermaplaning as I don't offer that service , However for an experienced therapist like yourself you must trust your own instinct and training..... If another dermaplaning therapist is doing something that seems wrong to you then you need not follow suit. Stick with your own experience and if after 3 years your results prove that you have a perfectly good method there's nothing to change.
As you say the videos you have seen , are only that, not a training guide are they?
Find out from your own training school and trust that, because don't forget your insurance will be affected if you do something else other than what you have been trained to do.
Hope that makes sense and you continue doing "Best Practise" with your safe and caring method.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back