Experienced Lashers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have been doing ELE now for 2 months and am curious to know how long before the experienced lashers on here were busy?

Also i wanted to ask how you sit when applying the lashes?

Its taken me ages to find a comfortable enough position to sit and im still not 100% with it. I have a couch that i can't quite get my legs under because of the wood underneath so i sit with my legs wide apart( sorry for the visual) and when i stand up the top of my legs are killing me.

I have another question. When your applying the lashes do you rest your hands on the clients forehead? I kind of lean on it but im concious im hurting them.

I didn't cover this in my training so i'd be grateful for any help. Thank you

I also sit the same and I sometimes have a little ache in the legs but otherwise fine - I bought a little fold up stool from Argos which is perfect for the height of the bed. Yes I always lean on their head and I have asked a few who said it doesnt bother them at all.

My first year was quite quiet but this year has been manic... takes time to get you name about town and the recommendations to get out

LOL I thought I was the only one who sat like a man! :)

Usually though if it's on my couch I have a little headrest extension so can get my legs under that. If it's on their bed I really struggle with man legs..

People with low beds are good because u can sit on a pillow on the floor so it's quite comfy x

Thank you both for replying.
Its something that bother's me everytime i do them. I also suffer with a sore back so that doesn't help. Il have to try a different stool, the one i have only stays at one height. The legs apart thing will have to stop, im starting to walk like tina turner dances. ha ha.

Back to lashes, another thing ive noticed is i find it easier doing the right eye(as im looking down on them) than the left, not sure if its because im right handed.
Does that make sense?

Hi

when I sit at my couch I put one of my legs through the metal bar at the top of the bed, and this way im not stretching or hunch backing over my clients, and my stool is on wheels so i can move around as needed.
Hope this helpsxxx

Hey alldolledup!

The very first thing I made sure of was to buy a beauty couch that has the space to comfortably sit with your legs underneath as it doesn't have a bar going across. Then as time went on and my back started to ache from the seat I used, I spent money on a fantastic saddle stool that aligns your back and hips. Before that, I couldn't lash without using an elastic back brace (bought in a chemists).
Since opening up my lash studio, it literally took only a few months before word of mouth got around that there was a new DIVA in town beautifying the lashlines of ladies and I started getting so busy that I had to hire an au-pair to help with my boys!
It takes patience and sometimes you have to give before you get back. For every client I booked, I offered them 10 euro off their refill if they recommended someone who booked. Also, I don't let anyone leave without booking in their refill (I used to be in sales and know how to convince them that their life isn't worth living if they don't keep up with their lash refills. LOL)
I also favour doing the right eye because I'm right-handed because sometimes I find it awkward lashing the part near the nose on the left hand side (I find the nose gets in the way of my right hand!) I always manage it but it just takes me a bit longer to do that part!!

As for resting hands on my clients forehead - no, I felt uncomfortable doing that so I always place one of those towelling headbands on the client (I tell them it's to keep their hair out of their face) and then I discreetly pull it back far enough so that it then becomes the resting place for my hands!

Thanks again for your replys.
I will have to invest in a stool with wheels because mine stays in one place.
I don't do so well at the minute with lashes, firstly because ive just started doing them and secondly the area im working in has quite a lot of older people living in it.
I like the idea of the headband and its great that you are really busy now x

Latest posts

Back