Experts please help a old timer smudge/blend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellie star

Reaction score
Hi experts, I'm in need of your help please, I'm a little out of touch not been in a salon for a few years, but still being doing colours at home Mosley foils. I have a customer that is a level natural level 5 and she has been having bleached highlites for years and is now mostly full head blonde.(platinum) so we want to get away from foils Mabey do a base bump to a level 7 (So I will need to use ash) but un sure from there..... as if I try to blend the old foil root line the ash tint will be greenish???? So bumb base with ash and break up bleached ends with a warm tone but what about zone 2 where the natural roots meet the old bleach??? Help and formulas please. Normally use wella but really loving what I read about redkin shades which iv never used ......thanks u are all so TALENTED

Hi experts, I'm in need of your help please, I'm a little out of touch not been in a salon for a few years, but still being doing colours at home Mosley foils. I have a customer that is a level natural level 5 and she has been having bleached highlites for years and is now mostly full head blonde.(platinum) so we want to get away from foils Mabey do a base bump to a level 7 (So I will need to use ash) but un sure from there..... as if I try to blend the old foil root line the ash tint will be greenish???? So bumb base with ash and break up bleached ends with a warm tone but what about zone 2 where the natural roots meet the old bleach??? Help and formulas please. Normally use wella but really loving what I read about redkin shades which iv never used ......thanks u are all so TALENTED
Hello! I would use a base breaker on new growth. Then rinse. It will most likely be a little warm. Then I would go over the new growth with same level or 1/2 shade darker of the new level but a neutral or blue based ash semi/demi and carefully comb through/smudge through with fingers to break the line. If you want to keep some of the blonde higher around the face or front I would isolate a few foils with Olaplex #2 or even add some babylights around the face and smudge or melt the rest. Hope this helps!

Yes Thank You Jen B very helpful I'm just worried. will the semi (ash/blue tone) not turn greenish when I comb it down to break the line where the old bleach is? Not done much like this in my head I thinking the roots will be lovely then where I break the line will be muddy.you help is very usefull to me thanks
Hello! I would use a base breaker on new growth. Then rinse. It will most likely be a little warm. Then I would go over the new growth with same level or 1/2 shade darker of the new level but a neutral or blue based ash semi/demi and carefully comb through/smudge through with fingers to break the line. If you want to keep some of the blonde higher around the face or front I would isolate a few foils with Olaplex #2 or even add some babylights around the face and smudge or melt the rest. Hope this helps!

Yes Thank You Jen B very helpful I'm just worried. will the semi (ash/blue tone) not turn greenish when I comb it down to break the line where the old bleach is? Not done much like this in my head I thinking the roots will be lovely then where I break the line will be muddy.you help is very usefull to me thanks
If you worry about that you can either use it on damp hair or saturate the line of demarcation with Olaplex #2, clear or a conditioner to protect the area of demarcation. If it does go a little "ashy" a clarifying shampoo used on the blonder areas will take the tone out enough on the blonde to remedy it. This can be tricky but do-able

Add a bit of gold to your formula. Or pre pig the bleach to where you plan to Comb the root tint to. X

Latest posts

Back