Express lashes vs nail extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy89

Reaction score
Just a general wondering . Is there much difference between applying cluster lashes with semi perm adhesive and continuously having nail extensions applied? In terms of damage that is?

I think that any "enhancement" not properly applied or maintained will cause damage. If correct aftercare advice isn't followed this can also lead to damage whether its nails or lashes.

Can I ask why you're asking? Just out of curiosity!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Clusters should only be applied with strip lash glue. They are far to heavy to be be attached for any great length of time. Anything more than 3 or four days is too long In my opinion. It's really damaging to the natural lash and I'm seeing client after client with damaged lashes caused by nss using this technique.

Because whenever I have acrylic or gel extensions it's caused damage to my natural nail and the majority of women in my area have this too and don't seem to care. I know your only supposed to use strip lash glue but after high demand I apply clusters with semi perm glue. However I do warn clients of the damage, advise them to take breaks and use minimal glue. Most of my revenue comes from cluster lashes. Hardly anybody in my area has classic or volume lashes as most a strip lash look

Have you tried the Ardell lashtite adhesive, lots of geeks on here use it. I switched to this and most of my cluster lash clients get 7 - 10 days wear. It removes really well leaving no damage to the natural lash. xx

I agree with libbylou. I understand the demand might be there but if you know the dangers why as a human would you do it to someone? Would you do it to yourself? Have you explained that you're doing this to your insurance company?

Because whenever I have acrylic or gel extensions it's caused damage to my natural nail and the majority of women in my area have this too and don't seem to care. I know your only supposed to use strip lash glue but after high demand I apply clusters with semi perm glue. However I do warn clients of the damage, advise them to take breaks and use minimal glue. Most of my revenue comes from cluster lashes. Hardly anybody in my area has classic or volume lashes as most a strip lash look

maybe you should find a new nail tech if your nails are damaged when removed ☺️

I've checked my insurance and it's very vague. It doesn't cover most things. By the way, I didn't get the insurance . My employer did. Also all the polish & NSS nail bars in my area are providing half my area with nail extensions and are causing a lot of damage to their nails. However none of the girls care. The same goes for badly done hair extensions causing them bald patches

Last edited by a moderator:
It's because we are a sunbed salon too so he chose one that covered the sunbeds as a priority

aww i wish you they would do some research on the products they use hopefully that would stop them having them done its such a shame they give us nail technicians a bad name! 😔

If you find the insurance policy vague, call your employer and speak to them. Then inform your employer of the the conversation you've had. Maybe she/ he will invest in some proper training and decent products for you. ☺️

Paying customers who, by the way, trust in you because you're in a professional environment, probably do not realise the extent of the damage those lashes cause or that there is another option, decent lashes and proper application by a reputable lash tech, would not cause damage that way. They don't know that because they're not the professional. You are.

Yes, they should research but may feel, that by going to a professional salon they've taken all the steps they need to have a safe and professional treatment.

Personally the day I do something that I know is likely to cause damage to anyone, is the day I leave the profession. I don't care what every other nss in the UK is doing I just care about what I'm responsible for.

I've had clients ask me for clusters with Semi-permanent adhesive before I could do volume. I've told them they can have Semi-Permanent Individual Eyelash Extensions or 5 day cluster lashes OR they can keep their money and take it elsewhere. Because, I can sleep easily with any of those options.

Not trying to bash but I feel the work you're doing gives Eyelash Extensions in general a bad name because a vast majority of the public just know Eyelash Extensions as Eyelash Extensions and are not familiar with all the various kinds.

I've checked my insurance and it's very vague. It doesn't cover most things. By the way, I didn't get the insurance . My employer did. Also all the polish & Chinese/ Vietnamese nail bars in my area are providing half my area with nail extensions and are causing a lot of damage to their nails. However none of the girls care. The same goes for badly done hair extensions causing them bald patches

You don't live in South Wales by any chance do you?! Exactly the same in my area. Trying to re-educate people is hard work :-/

You don't live in South Wales by any chance do you?! Exactly the same in my area. Trying to re-educate people is hard work :-/

I do indeed! In cardiff x

I always educate my clients that the clusters with semi perm adhesive will cause damage and tell them time & time again if I see their lashes deteriorating that they must have a break. I also educate them that both my classic & volume lashes will not cause damage as the lashes are not overloaded and they isolated . They are fully aware. I'm not a nail tech but when I talk to them about their nails they tell me how their nails aren't in good nick but they really couldn't care less :/

My area is full of girls who want cheap. If the clusters only lasted them a week they couldn't justify spending £15 on them

My employer isn't in the slightest bit bothered about the insurance :(

Perhaps you should think about changing your employer. If they didn't have the option of shoddy £15 lashes they would pay for decent work... Further more they'd come back because they'd still have natural lashes

Damaged caused by cluster abuse. An attempted to rectify by another tech... Still too heavy!

I have no words. I wish there was a decent regulatory body to stop all this bad work.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1420983483.055993.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1420983483.055993.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Can I kindly remind you to refer to salons that are not using the correct protocols, as NSS. Their ethnicity has no bearing on the matter. I have amended a previous post.

Thank you.

Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back