Express lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil lisa

Reaction score
Hi I have just started doing the Lala express lashes. I'm used to doing the individual lash extensions but struggling more with the express lashes as I'm new to them. Thought they'd be easier! I've had a couple of clients that I've practiced on that won't keep their eyes still does anyone do them using eye pads and with eyes closed instead? Does this make it easier? I'm worried about dropping a lash in their eye :(

Hi I have just started doing the Lala express lashes. I'm used to doing the individual lash extensions but struggling more with the express lashes as I'm new to them. Thought they'd be easier! I've had a couple of clients that I've practiced on that won't keep their eyes still does anyone do them using eye pads and with eyes closed instead? Does this make it easier? I'm worried about dropping a lash in their eye :(
Hi I was taught to do with the eyes closed but I am struggling the technique also so much so I was thinking of just selling the kit, but I just came on here to ask the best way to practice not on real people. Does anyone have any good ideas ? I can't find any videos to watch either only the semi permanent method. (Sorry for barging in thought we might both get the answers we need)

Hi I was taught to do with the eyes closed but I am struggling the technique also so much so I was thinking of just selling the kit, but I just came on here to ask the best way to practice not on real people. Does anyone have any good ideas ? I can't find any videos to watch either only the semi permanent method. (Sorry for barging in thought we might both get the answers we need)
Interesting you were taught to do it with the eyes closed. Who did you train with?

I know the lala express lashes are different but at college we practice by putting the lashes onto a strip lash!

I know the lala express lashes are different but at college we practice by putting the lashes onto a strip lash!
I was going to try that thanks x

Interesting you were taught to do it with the eyes closed. Who did you train with?
Flirties - we are talking about the individual lashes placed directly on top of others not isolated, not clusters or strip?

Yes the individual express lashes that are placed directly on top, not the lash extensions where you isolate and place on each individual lash. I think I will try doing them sat down with eye pads on and their eyes closed then and see if I get used to it a bit more. Also I'm going to buy strip lashes to practise on x

Hi, like you I found the technique difficult with the eyes open. I met someone who trained with a different company and she was taught to separate the bottom lashes and keep the eyes closed. I've been doing it that way and found it much easier, getting used to placing faster.. I think that is the hardest part, the instinct is to isolate first, takes practice but great when you get used to it. How long are yours lasting on average?

Hi, like you I found the technique difficult with the eyes open. I met someone who trained with a different company and she was taught to separate the bottom lashes and keep the eyes closed. I've been doing it that way and found it much easier, getting used to placing faster.. I think that is the hardest part, the instinct is to isolate first, takes practice but great when you get used to it. How long are yours lasting on average?
They seem to be lasting ok I just feel like my application isn't great and I think the eyes being open is freaking me out a bit. I just don't think they look that good. As you say it's hard when you're used to isolating lashes :/

Hi I was thinking of doing the express lash training I did a day course on lash extensions and found it difficult isolating the lashes so thought this might be better for me , is this treatment popular? How much would you charge ? X

hey.. watch this video..

When doing any lashes I always use a sticky eye pad to keep the lower lashes covered and to avoid any sticking to top lashes. When doing express (individual lashes dropped on top of the lash line), not semi permanent or cluster/weekend/party lashes I always do this whole treatment with the eye closed. Right at the end I gently lift the top lashes with my tweezers and ask client to slowly open their eyes. Check for any caps or improvements then remove the sticky pad. No lower lashes stuck to top lashes, no need to worry about lashes or glue going in clients eyes and clients can enjoy their treatment hope this helps xxx

Hiya, express lashes are sooooo easy once you get the hang of them! I find it's best to slightly sit your client up, get them to look at a specific point on the wall so their eyes are at a good level for you (not looking directly up or down) and this also gives them a focus point which generally stops them moving their eyes around too much! If you still struggle, just use the same technique as normal and tape down or pad down the bottom lashes & do it closed! X

Latest posts

Back