Extend nail bed - charge extra?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christine81

Reaction score
Ok, sorry for being thick - this just might be a stupid question and so far I've never charged extra for this. But when a client comes in and wants a set of French manicure nails. If her nail beds are quite short and one would have to extend the nail bed to make the overall look pleasing to the eye; is it normal to charge any extra for this?

In my opinion, it's part of the service and I would not charge extra for extending the nailbed. HTH! :)

In my area, overlay is the base price, tips are extra, sculpted tips are priced higher than glue on tips and french is also an additional cost.

In my area, overlay is the base price, tips are extra, sculpted tips are priced higher than glue on tips and french is also an additional cost.

Correct! I should have explained in my post that when doing an extended nail bed, you are probably doing a custom blend and the cost of extending the nail bed is built into that service. Obviously, you would charge more for a CB than just a plain NNO. :)

You are offering a premium service so charge a premium price:green:

I would do one of each type on her pinkie nails to show the difference, I bet she will pay for extra for extended nail beds
:hug::hug:

Thank you for your replies! :) Now lets see if I've got it right here;

if I extend the clients nail bed with, lets say one of the opaques from the Perfect Color Skin Tone collection, that would be included in the price of the nails. But if I custom blend that color a bit extra to match the client even better, I charge more? :)

Thank you for your replies! :) Now lets see if I've got it right here;

if I extend the clients nail bed with, lets say one of the opaques from the Perfect Color Skin Tone collection, that would be included in the price of the nails. But if I custom blend that color a bit extra to match the client even better, I charge more? :)
By using the opaques you will be matching the powder to the client's skin anyway, so IMO that's no different to a CBM.

Ok, thanks ladies! :hug: How much would this differ in price? A CBM and a regular set of French.

I to have a problem with this, I have extended the nail bed on a couple of clients for free however now they expect it to be done all the time and don't expect it to be charged for it is a nightmare:cry:

I have extended the nail bed on a couple of clients for free

Same as I have :) But I wasn't sure if it's normal to charge extra for this service or not. And if so, approximately how much more.

I charge an extra £5 per set :hug:

do the cover powders cost more than the regular ones?

do the cover powders cost more than the regular ones?

No they don't :green:

I think of it this way; White tips are the same price as natural or clear and you use the same amount of product if you overlay white tips in clear or do two colours for forever french but which would you rather have? I charge for my skill as well as my product used.

I charge the same - the product cost is trhe same, the time taken is the same so why charge more? The upside for me is that my clients who I do extend their nail beds will tell other people about it....... Maybe it's because I've got hideous short nail beds I don't see why people should pay extra for something they can't help!

JMHO

Latest posts

Back