Extension matting and tangling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinxyKitten

Reaction score
Hi all. What usually causes matting and tangling (not at the root/bond) ? Would you say it's a hair quality issue?

How old is the hair?

Less than a month and extremely well looked after! It's very dry and lacklustre after first wash, looks like a bird's nest o_O

Less than a month and extremely well looked after! It's very dry and lacklustre after first wash, looks like a bird's nest o_O
Yeah from my experience if all the aftercare is followed but the hair goes bad within 1 month it’s most likely just not good quality hair :/ !

Agreed. Poor quality hair, heavily coated in silicones. Once the silicones wear off, the quality turns to a matted mess.

Are the mid lengths and ends being washed thoroughly?

Are the mid lengths and ends being washed thoroughly?

Yes. This is my own hair, obvs fitted by someone else. Brazilian.

However, after much reading I too came to the conclusion that it could be cheap Chinese hair covered in silicone. Wanted to check if others thought it could be the same issue.

Have had extensions for years (Indian and mostly Russian) and have never seen hair this bad. As am starting up myself, wanted to get to the bottom of it before deciding on a hair origin/supplier. Think I will stick with Indian and Russian.

Thanks all for your thoughts.

Last edited:
Just to confirm, this hair was ordered by the Extentionist I used. I have no idea where it came from, only what she told me. Thanks :confused:

Latest posts

Back