extensions advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurajagreen

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am a nail geek but thought i would ask you for some advice, Im thinking of havng some hair extensions put in to make my hair look a bik thiker and fuller. I recently went through a bit of a stage of pulling my hair out in certain places when i was really stressed (loony I know) and it has grown to about 2 inches is this long enough and what extensions do you recommend to help with the hair growth? Also to say the new hair growing through is underneth my shoulder length hair.

Next question how much would i be looking to pay?
Thanks so much
Laura

Hi,

Normally you could attach extentions to 2 inches however it is only recommended you double your visual length so there is very little point. it also depends how long you have been hair pulling (The offical name is Trichotillomania) as this could depend on the strength of the hair structure and follicle in that area as it will weaken over time if it is constantly pulled. This condition is more common than you realise, so please dont be embarassed :) you are not a loony!

If it is only small areas that have been pulled then ext. would be fine but you really need a face to face consult with a professional. I would not go for individual bonds incase you get tempted to pull/pick these Balmain double hair would probably suit you better. If not you can get some fantastic full head clip ins which are a great alternative to having bonds in :)

You would normally pay around £300 upwards for a decent set of ext.

Hope this helps

Hi,

Normally you could attach extentions to 2 inches however it is only recommended you double your visual length so there is very little point. it also depends how long you have been hair pulling (The offical name is Trichotillomania) as this could depend on the strength of the hair structure and follicle in that area as it will weaken over time if it is constantly pulled. This condition is more common than you realise, so please dont be embarassed :) you are not a loony!

If it is only small areas that have been pulled then ext. would be fine but you really need a face to face consult with a professional. I would not go for individual bonds incase you get tempted to pull/pick these Balmain double hair would probably suit you better. If not you can get some fantastic full head clip ins which are a great alternative to having bonds in :)

You would normally pay around £300 upwards for a decent set of ext.

Hope this helps

Hi , Most Definitely agree with sophisticutz as pulling your hair can become habit forming ,
but not impossible to stop ,
so to stop you being tempted to pull at the bonds it maybe best try the clip ins first.
I think sophisticutz has given very good advice here, :hug:

Latest posts

Back