Extensions for Alopecia sufferers ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLAMUSS

Reaction score
My business partner heard mention of a new hair extension treatment for Alopcia sufferers, not sure what it's called or where you can train for it but also don't know a lot a bout it. Anyone know or trained in this treatment?? xo

hey i have done a course with racoon hair extensions called hair in recovery this is for people who have suffered hair loss weather through cancer, stress or alopecia, there are certain guidelines that i have to follow such as hair length, a resting period (from last treatment or shedding to now), medication and if the cause of hair loss is still active, the problem with someone with alopecia is that it can become active and inactive very quickly and by adding hair extensions may be a waste of time as those hairs will fall anyway and also the hair sometimes isnt very strong. there are lots of ways of testing to see if its a viable choice for a client but in my exprience with it every alopecia client i see isnt able to have them, but i have to fabulous clients both have had cancer the one lost all of her hair and has grown back quite nicley and had extensions to 12" with her own hair only being 3" all over! it gave her her life and confidence back and another lady that had skin cancer on her scalp and had to have a patch removed, i put very tiny bonded extensions around the top and bottom to fill in this area and it looks great! i dont get may clients for this but the ones i do find it life changing! :)

Latest posts

Back