Extensions on Afro hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalalaurz

Reaction score
This lady has messaged me asking for hair extensions... What do u guys think? And where would you suggest I got the hair from? Thanks x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407878540.374213.jpg

My only reservation other than getting the right hair is how short her natural hair is... X

Hey I have quite a few clients with Afro hair and I only ever do weaves or micro rings with very curly hair. I have my own brand of extensions so can steam process the hair to match the clients texture if they are willing to pay the extra cost. With a weave I just leave a u-shape out round the parting and the clients then straighten it when they wash it. Never had any complaints. If you need any hair you can email me [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, her hair is too short you are supposed to be able to get it into a pony tail before doing hair on it as it will slip and also be very hard to hide xx

It's fine for a full head weave. the finish for Afro hair is completely different than for Caucasian textured hair. With short Afro hair only a tiny bit is left at the perimeter and a an optional u-shape at the top. Alternatively all hair can be weaved in with a closure at the parting. As long as you can grip the hair to French braid it down then you can do a weave on Afro hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adding hair into the plaits to lengthen the clients hair would help the wefts last longer as it gives it more of a stronger base. Also I wouldn't say the client has Afro hair so if the hair is shorter than what you are comfortable plaiting it won't grip as well as Afro hair does.Blow the hair out & determine if it needs added hair as the hair actually looks like it will have a good length for just normal cornrowing. This is if you are doing a full weave.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help everyone I think a weave is the way to go x

Latest posts

Back