Extensions on short hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samlintonx

Reaction score
A girl has asked me if I can do hair extensions on her but she has very short hair. She wants the micro loops but I told her I would go to her and have a look at her hair and see if she can get them but that she should get the bonds because of less slippage etc. I was just wondering if any of you have done hair extensions on very short hair and was there any problems?xx

I've done a few short heads with micro rings, with no probs or slippage, I just find you need more hair for a better blend, & not to long as it looks unnatural xx

Oh really? She said it's about an inch at the back though & longer at the top & the front? I wasn't sure what to go for as the microloops are easily put back in if they do fall out but the bonds tend to not fall out as much? Do you have any pics of your short haired clients? Thank you so much xx

I'll have a lil rummage for you don't think mine have been that short, I don't do the bonds so I couldn't compare xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409051510.341731.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409051806.411961.jpg
Sorry prob not the best pics lol. The dark was the shortest I've done

Oh they look really good! I think the girls is a bit shorter so I might tell her to let it grow for a few weeks before getting them done! Thanks for your help :) xx

These are some of my short extensions, the platinum was fusion bonds, the red was tape and the others were micro rings. All have had no slippage problems but I prefer fusion bonds on shorter hair as you can trim the bonds and go a little higher without being visible xxx

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1409063397161.jpg
    1409063397161.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 611
  • 1409063418820.jpg
    1409063418820.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 596
  • 1409063448852.jpg
    1409063448852.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 583
  • 1409063530446.jpg
    1409063530446.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 634
These are some of my short extensions, the platinum was fusion bonds, the red was tape and the others were micro rings. All have had no slippage problems but I prefer fusion bonds on shorter hair as you can trim the bonds and go a little higher without being visible xxx

Wow they all look amazing!! Thank you xx

Chick, someone is using one of your pictures on Instagram and Facebook. Millie & Co hair extensions (page).

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1410084135.995750.jpg Unless this is you.....

No this isnt me, thanks for telling me! So much for watermarks xx

I can't find her on instagram but I've left a comment on Facebook

The cheek of it!!!

Not really a hairdresser lady

The cheek of it!!!

Not really a hairdresser lady
It is a bit 🙈I was just having a lazy Sunday surf and your work is so distinctive and as you say is watermarked. I didn't think it was you judging by the other pictures 😂😱x

Sorry, meant for Tawnsta. But yes, cheeky monkey!

Shes swiftly deleted it from Facebook but I found it on her website and tumblr as her main marketing image, I can't find her instagram but hopefully she'll remove them, I was polite but firm.
Least my work is worth stealing lol 😂

Wow...just??

Attachments

• 1410096088438.jpg
    1410096088438.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 431
Wow...just??

I think you had all rights comment publicly, at the end of the day it's your work and she shouldn't of put it up if she couldn't face the consequences

Wow...just??

I've had a photo of my micro ring and pre bond photo taken and used on 2 other extensionists (that I know of) pages.
The first removed the photo and didn't even apologise but had the nerve to say I should be grateful she wanted to use my work and she was advertising me?!? I don't know how she came to that conclusion lol.
The other extensionist tried to cuss me out on her page, called me a liar and then said the model will be on later to "put me straight" the model was in fact my best friend for 20 years and I'd recognise those roots anywhere lol

Wow !! Can't believe the cheek of that her telling you not to comment so potential clients think it's her work and you don't out her !!

Good spot by CeeCee 👌!!

Latest posts

Back