Extensions on short hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are some of my short extensions, the platinum was fusion bonds, the red was tape and the others were micro rings. All have had no slippage problems but I prefer fusion bonds on shorter hair as you can trim the bonds and go a little higher without being visible xxx

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

What supplier do you use? Your work is amazing ! I've got my college pals hair to do in soon and I'm really a bit nervous as her hair is so short ! It's prob the same length as the blonde and this is the outcome I would be looking to achieve if possible 😍! What hair and how many bonds did you use? It's so beautiful ❤️!!

If you don't mind me asking xx

I guessed as she was asking for models she didn't have any of her own. She could have even written some examples of others work and how it could look!

Not really a hairdresser lady

Aww thanks, the blonde and long dark were both 200g euphoria dd (blonde was 20 inch, dark 23inch)
I also use angel remy for wefts and prestige for stick tips (theyre Russian standard is beautiful for the price just a little tricky to match up blondes)

Well I stayed polite throughout but explained if she's using mine, or others work publicly as her own, then she risks getting a public response. If she's acquired clients dishonesty then that's her problem not mine. Thanks for spotting that, I'll have to darken my watermark!
Salon geek fbi xx

Aww thanks, the blonde and long dark were both 200g euphoria dd (blonde was 20 inch, dark 23inch)
I also use angel remy for wefts and prestige for stick tips (theyre Russian standard is beautiful for the price just a little tricky to match up blondes)

Well I stayed polite throughout but explained if she's using mine, or others work publicly as her own, then she risks getting a public response. If she's acquired clients dishonesty then that's her problem not mine. Thanks for spotting that, I'll have to darken my watermark!
Salon geek fbi xx

What grade of euphoria did you use? Silver or platinum etc? I definitely think this is what I want to fit her with! I was between euphoria or angel remy but haven't used either yet but wanted to with the work that's produced on here using both of them!

I can't get over how beautiful and blended they are when the hair is that short xx

I think she calls it her platinum, but its the double drawn Brazilian. I love doing the short transformations but they take more time and careful placement. Xx

I think she calls it her platinum, but its the double drawn Brazilian. I love doing the short transformations but they take more time and careful placement. Xx

I've just enquired about the stock for my client!! Would love to create it as well as you have! I'm not that skilled but with time and precision I will do my best ..

And I've already told her it would take a good amount of hours to do it and she's happy as long as she has long hair again haha!!

Plus it's more relaxed because it's a girl from my class so I can eat and drink and half breaks which I don't usually do unless the client wants one lol ! Xx

You'll be fine, this is my latest shorty, euphoria again, in mixed shades

Attachments

• 1410104289793.jpg
    1410104289793.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 379

Wow 😍!! how did you manage that with the back being so short?? Xx

These are some of my short extensions, the platinum was fusion bonds, the red was tape and the others were micro rings. All have had no slippage problems but I prefer fusion bonds on shorter hair as you can trim the bonds and go a little higher without being visible xxx

Wow, I'm very impressed with the short to long dark hair , short and thick is the most difficult , Fab pics

Last edited:
Short and thick are way the mst difficult installs , usually takes more extensions and lots of layering . I recently had a client with such thick sort hair I actually told her I didn't feel I could blend it enough to look natural , but she had been already distraught after having long hair cut off she wanted to go for it . After intalling lots of microlinks and still left with a thick tuft at the top and no hair to keep the extensions flat , I ended up getting her a weft and on the very top row doing an LAWeave to keep it flat at the top and it worked pretty well . I don't have a before and after of that one as still a little way from perfect x

Twansta .. Have you ever used euphoria silver range ? I'm unsure whether to offer it to my clients as I tend to not be a fan of single drawn but for some the price tag obv suits better xx

Yes, I don't mind the silver range, ive had clients still wearing it from February, and it looks really natural and still nice condition, its great for the price, just need more of it xx

Yes, I don't mind the silver range, ive had clients still wearing it from February, and it looks really natural and still nice condition, its great for the price, just need more of it xx

Ok .. So would you say if using silver I should maybe add in an extra 25g ? My thinking is that because it's in grams it should be the same but the ends just thinner .. With not such a thick, blunt finish?

Do you have any photos of silver installs?

Sorry to be a pain.. I'm going to order some and get samples etc but just as people are asking for my updated price list and don't know whether to include it or not as I love double drawn and currently only offer double drawn and get it mainly from sjk xx

This client had her hair fitted, silver range, in early march I believe it was 175g. The after picture is actually after her first maintenance 9 weeks after fitting , shes still wearing it now too. I like it but I definitely would allow an extra 25 strands, particularly if they're after length and thickness. I market it as a natural look extension - some clients end up asking for the double drawn to be really chipped into, so this works for that style pretty well xx

Attachments

• 1410203172399.jpg
    1410203172399.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 328
Do u use 1g strands for really short hair? I've got a client for consultation tommorow who's got a bob at the mo, her hairs quite thick so was thinking 1g strands, however I fitted 200 0.5 into someone with thick hair the other day and they looked lovley and natural, I've not done very short hair yet other than a person who had one side re growing from a previously shaved off style, I can imagine blending will be easier with 1g?

Do u use 1g strands for really short hair? I've got a client for consultation tommorow who's got a bob at the mo, her hairs quite thick so was thinking 1g strands, however I fitted 200 0.5 into someone with thick hair the other day and they looked lovley and natural, I've not done very short hair yet other than a person who had one side re growing from a previously shaved off style, I can imagine blending will be easier with 1g?

I personally find it harder to blend on someone with thick hair if they have a blunt cut .. I've done it before and as it was only my 4th install of extensions was really unsure and the end result was beautiful but felt the underneath wasn't as I would've liked .. Her hair was shoulder length and such a thick blunt cut that you could still see her natural hair on the very bottom section, when the hair was pulled forward .. Even though I couldn't possibly go any further down the nape of the neck.. It actually resulted in me suggesting she get that section of her natural hair slightly point cutted and thinned out a bit, which made a huge difference .. The only problem I had was I wasn't a hairdressing student at the time or I would've done it myself and hated having to send her to a hairdresser !

I personally find it harder to blend on someone with thick hair if they have a blunt cut .. I've done it before and as it was only my 4th install of extensions was really unsure and the end result was beautiful but felt the underneath wasn't as I would've liked .. Her hair was shoulder length and such a thick blunt cut that you could still see her natural hair on the very bottom section, when the hair was pulled forward .. Even though I couldn't possibly go any further down the nape of the neck.. It actually resulted in me suggesting she get that section of her natural hair slightly point cutted and thinned out a bit, which made a huge difference .. The only problem I had was I wasn't a hairdressing student at the time or I would've done it myself and hated having to send her to a hairdresser !

I could definatley suggest she let me thin her natural hair underneath, I do find blending easier by point cutting or slightly thinking the clients natural hair there anyway, I think i would do the 1g's tho for the density below where her hair is now, on one of my first installs I remember using 0.5 on someone with fine hair and it just wasn't thick enough down her back

Tawnsta what method of extensions was this?

How many grams is it?

Tawnsta what method of extensions was this?

How many grams is it?

This was 200g, fusion bonds xxx

250g on really thick short hair ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411761538.597937.jpg

Latest posts

Back