Extra Touches

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgloverfam

Reaction score
What are some extra touches you add to your services? Here are some of mine.
1. Fancy up your water by having a pitcher of water with slices of cucumber, or lemon. I have both. Watermelon in the water is refreshing in the summer.
2. Serving coffee, tea, and gourmet chocolates.
3. Serving fresh fruit, or muffins. (You can put these on a pretty platter.)
4. Aromatherapy diffusers, or crystals in your work area.
5. Scented or colored water for you mani/pedi baths. I use Pedi Redi pedicure powders, and they come in peppermint (blue), Peach (orange), Grapefruit (yellow), Lime (green), and Jasmine (purple). They smell awesome, and it doubles as a sanitizer for the tub and clients feet.
6. Heated, lightly scented towels during services. I have a hot towel cabinet in my work area, so with some of my treatments I'll wet some fresh towels, put them in the heater, and when I'm ready use them to wipe off mask/creams. It feels good to have a fresh, hot towel wiping your hands and feet down. It's a nice touch if you don't want your clients running back and forth to the sink after treatments. It makes them feel REALLY pampered.
7. Cold cucumber compresses, or cool eye pack for the eyes during a pedicure. For those tired, stressed clients.
8. Reflexology massage. You absolutely need to be professionally trained for this, but you can charge a lot for it!! Reflexology manicure is $50, and the pedicure is $75 at my job.
8. Complimentary jewelry cleaning. We have these hourglass jewelry cleaners at work, just just pop the rings in, screw the lid, turn it upside down, and let them soak during the service! Before you polish, turn it back over, let it drain, and take the rings out. Wipe them off with a clean towel, and hand them over! New clients are always delighted to have this done, and the rings come out sparkling like new. This is complimentary with any service we do, and we HAVE to offer it. It's a really nice touch. Some clients are excited to come just for this reason!
9. Soothing music
10. Product samples
Are there any nice touches you offer during your services? Please share!

When you've got a free spot ... PLEASE book me in!! Great ideas.

Fab ideas!
I'd thought of a few of them - tea and coffee, aromatherapy stone going, choice of music style (classical, radio pop or thinking bout getting some new age-y music), and can just about warm a few towels in my mini fridge (not as weird as it sounds - it has a warm setting too!)... Also magazines for flicking through during a pedicure (I buy so many, they've gotta find a use somehow!) and a comfy chair by the coffee table for waiting for polish to dry.
Not sure how many I'll be able to implement 'properly' - the room I have my eye on for my home salon is a bit ickle - bout 2.5m x 3, so not sure if the coffee table and comfy chair will ever get a go, but would love to hear what other things people offer.
Lol x

These ideas sound fabulous and if I'm ever in Chicago again I'll most certainly be round!! I had a 'Chilli-Egg' mini fridge in the salon and kept the mini cans of Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta etc in there, also a couple of small bottles of white wine for special clients!! J xx

bimbogeri said:
Fab ideas!
I'd thought of a few of them - tea and coffee, aromatherapy stone going, choice of music style (classical, radio pop or thinking bout getting some new age-y music), and can just about warm a few towels in my mini fridge (not as weird as it sounds - it has a warm setting too!)... Also magazines for flicking through during a pedicure (I buy so many, they've gotta find a use somehow!) and a comfy chair by the coffee table for waiting for polish to dry.
Not sure how many I'll be able to implement 'properly' - the room I have my eye on for my home salon is a bit ickle - bout 2.5m x 3, so not sure if the coffee table and comfy chair will ever get a go, but would love to hear what other things people offer.
Lol x
I can't believe I forgot to mention magazines! LOL! Have a variety of fashion magazines, home decor, and family magazines too. Also, clients love "trash", so make sure you have some of the more "reputable" tabloids. Everyone's ideas sound so great!

wow i could spend all day in your salon it sounds great, i cant really do much as i am mobile but try to spice things up where i can!
zoe x

zaza said:
wow i could spend all day in your salon it sounds great, i cant really do much as i am mobile but try to spice things up where i can!
zoe x
Hi sweetie!
Keep spicing things up! You'll get there soon. Just keep these things in mind because when it comes to clients, it's the small things that matter.

Latest posts

Back