Eye make up for red undertones light-medium skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustStef2016

Reaction score
hello ladies, really hope someone might be able. To help me. I did a make make up look on a client yesterday . It took me over an hour to get the right eye colour, nothing seemed to show on her skin. I have worked on black skin,mixed race and olive skin. She has quite a lot of redness but would say she has neutral skin tone. Her dad is Greek and mum is English. In the end I used a creamy pink as a base and a burnt copper on her eyes. Sounds like a strange combo but it was applied with a light hand. I tried purples, naked palettes, golds and Browns. Nothing looked good on her eyes. She has very small lids with a hood. I am looking for a palette with warn purples ,greens and Amber/copper. She kept saying the colours were not showing on her eyes. I can add a photo if that helps

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 12
Hi :) the photos not the best but if it was a night look I would have personally taken the colour a little higher so it was more noticeable and made the lid look a little higher. I'd have also used a lighter base an almost milky white/creamy colour to 'lift' the eyes under the brows for a more open eye effect.
My lady on this photo has not much lid and almost a hooded eye, so I rounded the eye makeup.

Hope this helps and this is what I would have done personally :) x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 16
Thanks for your reply it's really helpful. The photo I sent wasn't my work. I will send it but my phone is in repairs. I found the frustrating thing with client was the over plucked eyebrows I did fill them in and tried to give more depth but she didn't like it. The colour I used was very similar but was more of a burnt copper it was from black up. I bought the eyeshadow from black up but not round which is a good idea. What eyeshadow palette did you use?

Thanks for your reply it's really helpful. The photo I sent wasn't my work. I will send it but my phone is in repairs. I found the frustrating thing with client was the over plucked eyebrows I did fill them in and tried to give more depth but she didn't like it. The colour I used was very similar but was more of a burnt copper it was from black up. I bought the eyeshadow from black up but not round which is a good idea. What eyeshadow palette did you use?

Sometimes nothing you can do if you really having to fill brows in. I just keep using my spooly and trying to blend out and add bit more etc but to be honestly you can't please everyone, she either has thin brows or keeps them thicker by having to fill them in. I did a lady with blonde brows, great shape but she hated them as she just wasn't used to them.
I do love burnt coppers and oranges, maybe it was the skin tone ? If she was a cool tone and using a warm copper may have clashed ?
I've never tried black up but heard good things.
I didn't use a palette on this look. I used makeup geeks bitten for the plum colour, macs burnt orange and makeup geeks chickadee to blend out and then used bobbi Browns black plum on outer v for a little more depth and deeper colour x

The colour was maybe too cool because she has redness in her skin but is also quite dark. I needed to use worker colours. I would of preferred to use warm purples so plum would of been ideal as she can wear plum on the lips. The colour i picked would of been good on warmer tones. The burnt copper may of been too cool for someone with redness in the skin. I tried warm Browns but that didn't work and did try purples that I used on olive skin but didn't look great either. Maybe because she is tanned with red under tones I have to be careful what i use. I love the pigment of the black out products.i felt a fuller brow would of added depth to the eyes as there isn't much mobile lid so having sparse eyebrows seems to make the lid more noticeable. I will have a look at make up geek products as she wanted an evening look next time. I need to steer clear of anything with a slight red undertone or that is too dull. Thanks for your advice I found the whole thing puzzling. I have worked on hooded eyes and warmer undertones everyone is different. Imagine blonde eyebrows are challenging too .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    802.3 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back