Eyebrow Wax - Now being sued!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody noticed that we're all talking to ourselves as the original poster hasn't come back on to give us an update?

It's so weird this client was a regular then to do that is just so wrong.

For the simple fact she didn't even call the salon or come in to show them what happened will be very hard to prove. Who's to say she didn't go tanning after, she didn't address it.

Insurance companies are great at sifting through the scam artists and such.

She's just a piece of trash, my point was sometimes it's better to keep things simple.

Kim, I certainly hope things are ok, maybe that's why she hasn't been back on to post but obviously other posts create replies which can go off on a tangent or stay on track.

Tanya, not going back into the salon does not prove no injury occurred to the client (now understand I am not on anyone's side here just simply putting across a point of view/playing devils advocate maybe?). Maybe she didn't want to go back in as she was a regular and couldn't face her therapist/hairdresser because of injury she claims to have. There must be some evidence for solicitors to get involved, they won't take time to write a letter if there is no evidence to support the case.

Yes, you would be irked if a regular didn't come in to give you the opportunity to discussed what happened but this client chose not to do so for whatever reason. Having a tan afterwards would not lead to a burn, if she had been newly waxed then tanned she would have dark spots in the hair follicle but it wouldn't cause any actual harm.

The insurance will support the salon and the client may or may not be legitimate in their claim but I still don't agree with your comments on trying to make it look like the client didn't come in to the salon for the treatment in the first place! That certainly wouldn't keep things simple, if it went to court you would be commiting purjery and you have to sign statement of facts in claim cases anyway.

The salon would merely have to say that other waxes were done that day and the wax was tested before each client. No other complaints were raised that day by other clients and the client in question did not show cause for concern during the treatment or whilst in the salon. No contact has been received to date from the client in question. Why is this so hard?

I have my clients sign a release form stating pretty much anything can happen for this reason.

If they don't sign, they don't get waxed.

I also call them in a couple of days to see how they are doing, do they have any questions, etc.

Latest posts

Back