Eyebrow waxing I need some help and advise?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lavander Rose

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Can anyone advise me?

The other day when the weather was very hot and sticky, I had a client in for an eyebrow wax, the room was warm though I did have the fan on proir to clients coming in so they would feel comfortable.

I had been doing eyebrow waxing on a few clients, but this particular client came back into the salon this morning regarding her eyebrow wax, it seems that a bit of skin has been removed on her eyebrow.

This has never happend to me before and I was wondering what this could be?.. I always check the wax on me before hand.

And what advise can you give me

Thankyou

Did she have some sun? You mentioned about the weather.

Yes

It was last week when the weather was really hot and sticky, she looked like she had been in the sun and her face was really warm and sweaty from the heat of the sun.

Before waxing I cleased her face from persperation with cotten discs, then I followed the waxing procedure of.

cleansing with pre wax, checked wax was ok, waxed her brows, after wax was then applied.

Aftercare advise was given regarding sunbeds steamrooms hot water, makeup moisturisers etc etc.

I asked her all the necessary things u asked when filling out her record card.

I mentioned if she had been on a sunbed she swore she never though considering the weather has been really hot I think she has been out in the sun again following her treatment.

she was really nice about it all when she came back, but you just feel awfull dont you, i treated the area with some cream and advised her just hoping the outcome will be ok.
And she comes back.

Hi everyone

I had been doing eyebrow waxing on a few clients, but this particular client came back into the salon this morning regarding her eyebrow wax, it seems that a bit of skin has been removed on her eyebrow.

Thankyou
Can I ask what wax you are using? Strip or warm wax?

Hi lavender rose, same thing happened to me recently with one of my regular eyebrow waxes. We had a chat and she agreed with me that it was poss. that her daily medication (which was changed at the end of Jan 09) had caused her skin to become more sensitive. We went ahead with her usual wax, and i took extra care in making sure that i didnt over lap the waxing area. I may try jasmine oil after pre-cleanse next time. If the problem persists i have advised that we switch to sugaring or tweezing. All of us are bound to run into a few problems, we're working with humans :!: Its hard not to take it to heart, but as long as we carry out correct procedures we're doing our best arn't we. Jackie b

Did you mention creams,i.e Accutane when doing consultation?I only ask because Sometimes clients dont think about skin preps when asking if they are on medication.Did you go over the area more than once?I use Witch Hazel gel following any facial waxing.Perhaps use a thin layer of oil before you wax this particular client in the future to create a barrier and allow wax a couple of seconds to cool down on the spat before applying to your clients eyebrows in future.HTH

You didn't mention is this was a regular client or a new one?

I agree, a small amount of oil beforehand can help protect the skin. Try applying and blotting with a tissue to make sure there isn't too much.

This client might just have had thinner skin than other people you have had in.

Or there is the possibility that you didn't quite stretch enough because everyone makes a mistake at some point.

All you can do now is give aftercare advice, which you have done. Let her know that there might be some slight scabbing. Call her in a couple of days to check up on her so that she knows you care because the little things are likely to make her return.

Good luck huni xx

Latest posts

Back