Eyelash extension application tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you swipe the entire extension over the lash, or just the end where the bobble is? Thanks.

When you pull the lash through the adhesive approx half of it should be covered I pull the full extension covered in adhesive up the natural lash. I use my wrist a lot too I've noticed students tend to be quite stiff at first and use their whole arm. Don't put any pressure into the natural lash as you pull the extension over it to coat it just soft and gentle. A lot of people press down onto the pads at first too. This then makes the lashes stick to the pad. Also keep you tweezers with the extension isolated open as much as you can to allow you room to get in there.

I hope some of what I'm saying makes sense it's do much easier to show someone and teach them little tricks when you are sat with them.

To avoid stickies Flirties advise to work on both eyes at the same time so one on the left eye one on the right eye one on left one on right. Also brush through your applied lashes every 3/4 lashes once they are dried it will give you more lashes to work on again as they will fan back out nicely x

It does make sense, Bonkers - thank you :D

Thank you for bumping this thread! I've been lashing for 3 years on and off and have never thought to apply the lash strips to the eye pad...what a revelation!! 🎉

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm just getting back in to lashes after a 2 year break.

What's the latest recommendations re. Lash tinting, lifting or perming before eyelash extensions? Can these be done the same day? 24 hours before? When?

Thanks xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

What's the latest recommendations re. Lash tinting, lifting or perming before eyelash extensions? Can these be done the same day? 24 hours before? When?

Thanks xxxx

Hi, dont know about lifting and perming but tinting needs to be at least 24 hours before. I would assume the other were the same, if not longer x x

Thanks xxxx

From what I've found out Roberhi is right about tinting. On my course our trainer said there's no point getting a lash perm if your gonna get extensions as they will be too curled to apply lashes & it would be difficult.
I think with tinting it would only need to be done if the client has such fair lashes you can hardly see them to lash them and this would make it easier for you. Otherwise I would of thought it's pointless as sp lashes are black or brown and natural lashes can't really be seen once they're applied.

From what I've found out Roberhi is right about tinting. On my course our trainer said there's no point getting a lash perm if your gonna get extensions as they will be too curled to apply lashes & it would be difficult.
I think with tinting it would only need to be done if the client has such fair lashes you can hardly see them to lash them and this would make it easier for you. Otherwise I would of thought it's pointless as sp lashes are black or brown and natural lashes can't really be seen once they're applied.

Thank you :)

When I trained we were told to tint 24 hours before but I'd seen on here people tinting the same day, so thought I'd ask if guidelines had changed :) Re. Lifts and perms, this would only be used on people with poker straight downwards pointing lashes to lift them slightly to give a nice lift to the lashes when applying extensions :) xxx

Hi I've been advised lifts and tints ( but not perms) are fantastic before xtreme ions as they straighten out the lashes - so you don't get any unruly criss-crossy ones making application easier. Also v good for downward pointing lashes. Just need to use a med - large shield for softer lift. And yes, 24hrs before

It does make sense, Bonkers - thank you :D
I had the same questions as you regarding glue, so thank you for taking the time to ask them! :)

Latest posts

Back