Eyelash extension complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pineapple292

Reaction score
Hi all

New to this forum so please be gentle.

I'm looking for advice after a customer complaint.

So 10 days ago I travelled to a client's home to do a set of classic lash extensions. Client was happy, left a good review and I heard nothing more. Until two days ago. Bear in mind it's now been 10 days since treatment.

Client firstly said the lashes on one eye were looking gappy but the other looked great, I could only put this down to the intense weather we have been having and considered she may have been playing with them too. I told her to pop over to me and I'd take a look. She was happy and the conversation ended.

Fast forward to this morning where the same client now claims she has had to take them all off, get eyes are puffy and she thinks she has an infection. To top it off she now says that a lot were glued to the eyelid. I myself know this is not the case and I'm massively upset by it all. I've been a lash technician for 6 weeks and it's knocked my confidence in my abilities. I've been extremely busy having performed 48 sets since qualifying and receiving nothing but positive reactions. How do I deal with this? I know I placed them on the lash nor the lid, how can it be my fault 10 days on? Have I created an infection? Any advice and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Aw pineapple I do feel for you...

Best to start a thread in the "skin" section of the Professional section, you're a lash pro so are welcome to post there, and I'm sure you'll get a better response on there as it's a much more frequently visited forum

Try not to let it get you down xx

How did she remove them.? I would suggest the puffiness might be caused by her DIY removal!

I've moved the thread to 'Skin'.

What does your aftercare leaflet say about diy removal? If she was going to have a reaction, it would normally happen within 48 hours so 10 days seems highly unlikely.

Sounds like she wants a free set of lashes...

I have been doing classic lashes for 2 years now. One eye will always look more 'bare' or 'gappy' than the other which is usually the side they sleep on. A reaction would of occured in the first 24/48 hours after treatment so I would probably put it down to irratation from her playing and tugging at the lashes, obviously some clients will get touchy if you say this so just ask her how she removed them, but do bare in mind for future clients sometimes they do not react to a patch test on the rist or the corner of the eye but will react once a full set is on, it has happened to me once luckily it was my mum but I let all my new clients know if they have any pain, swelling or discomfort to message me. The fact she has now had them on for 10 days gives me enough reason to believe she is due her infill appointment soon, therefore they will not look as fresh as when they were first done. Another factor is to make sure 1:1 ratio is happening as having two Eyelashes to one extension can cause irratation and tugging. I would say she is trying to pull a fast one and get some of her money back, be very careful with clients like these they usually cause trouble down the road X

I feel sorry for you guys hearing all these bad stories about 'this type' of clients. I will start doing lashes in few weeks and it really upsets me knowing that there are people like these((
I thought what if at the end of the treatment, once the client is happy with the result, we ask them to sign a section on consultation sheet saying something like 'I am happy with the result. I received aftercare advice and leaflet and it is my responsibility to look after my eyelash extensions.' Or may be something similar? I know, it sounds like too much but how else can we protect ourselves?

I've been lashing for a year. I find I constantly have to remind clients that we lose averagely 3-5 natural lashes a day so after 10 days she can't expect them to look the same as they did on day 1. And after that long it's more likely something to do with aftercare than application. It could be that she sleeps on that side.
Whatever you do don't accept blame. Just let her know there's a lot of factors it could be and ask how often she cleans them, what products she uses on her skin, if she suffers from hay fever etc.
One of my clients suddenly started losing hers. By 2 wks she was almost bald. Turned out she had started using the gym and doing hot yoga classes too. We came to the conclusion it may have been the sweat affecting retention.
With this hot weather, suncream too close to the lashes could have an affect.
If she thinks she has an eye infection, and your confidant your tools are clean and the application was ok then could be that she hasn't been cleaning them. Xx.

Latest posts

Back