eyelash extension practice head - any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissOwen

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I did my flirties training yesterday and it was fantastic. I had a lovely time and came away feeling like i know what i'm doing, now i just need to get lots of practice doing it!!

I have quite a few models lined up but i wondered if having a practice head would help improve technique and speed. Has anyone tried one? Are they completely useless (i understand they wont be like a live model and i will be getting plenty of hand on practice!) or is it worth the £20-£30 to practice technique on??

Hi geeks

I did my flirties training yesterday and it was fantastic. I had a lovely time and came away feeling like i know what i'm doing, now i just need to get lots of practice doing it!!

I have quite a few models lined up but i wondered if having a practice head would help improve technique and speed. Has anyone tried one? Are they completely useless (i understand they wont be like a live model and i will be getting plenty of hand on practice!) or is it worth the £20-£30 to practice technique on??

Hiya, this is obviously only my personal opinion but I really wouldnt bother with a practise head :) Theres no substitute to practising on real people, when practising on strip lashes it is infinately more difficult because the texture of the strips are nothing like natural lashes. Save your money and get lots of models lined up

Have fun and enjoy, :hug:

Hiya, this is obviously only my personal opinion but I really wouldnt bother with a practise head :) Theres no substitute to practising on real people, when practising on strip lashes it is infinately more difficult because the texture of the strips are nothing like natural lashes. Save your money and get lots of models lined up

Have fun and enjoy, :hug:

Thanks for your reply.
I have lots of willing models thankfully, just wish i could keep one in the cupboard so i could practice when i'm free in the evening and the kids are sleeping :lol:
Oh well, i'll hang on to my pennies and just keep pestering my willing victims! If all else fails, the other half sleeps quite heavily........ Thanks again :hug:

I agree with Blinkingorgeous, nothing compares to a real live victim!!

A trainer can't lay their head on the couch like your client will be laid, it wont nod off and maybe snore (yes they do!!) or twitch like the real thing.

Get practising on the real thing as much as poss so you experience all the different types of lashes and clients you will get.

Good luck

H xx

I agree with Blinkingorgeous, nothing compares to a real live victim!!

A trainer can't lay their head on the couch like your client will be laid, it wont nod off and maybe snore (yes they do!!) or twitch like the real thing.

Get practising on the real thing as much as poss so you experience all the different types of lashes and clients you will get.

Good luck

H xx

At least if they're asleep you can concentrate without having to make polite conversation :D

Thanks for your help, i'll practice as much as possible. I think i thought the training head might just help me get to grips with the whole using two sets of tweezers at once. I seem to forget about one hand occasionally and the lash seperation will have me pulling my hair out for months i'm sure!!!

On the plus side, my trainer said my application was really good and i did well.... although she could of just been being nice!!!!! :eek:

Latest posts

Back