Eyelash Extension problems??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayleighs Nail & Beauty Studio

Reaction score
Hi sorry to bore people as eyelashes seem to be popping up all the time on the threads. i need to try get to the bottom of this problem.

I have done 18 paying clients since training in lash extensions and not one single client has came back for an infill ? it must be something im doing wrong??
im trying to get feedback from as many clients as possible , one in particular kept returning cos hers wern't lasting at all , i had another return as she claimed hers fell out the next day , i cant understand that?

i did get advised to make sure im dipping the lash 1/3 of the way in the glue so i tryed to focus on that , havn't had any feedback yet. i just hope that is the only reason.

Any body had any similar problems?/

Also how many lashes are you applying , i do on my price list half set or full set

Half a set normally about 35 lashes in one eye and 35+ for full set.
I am thinking about taking the half set off as 35 lashes seems alot but when a few fall out it looks really noticeable , as an alternative should i just put more lashes in for the half set .?????

I do find everyone prefers to go for the half , probably because of the price (which i charge 45 and 65 for full set)

ahhh im sorry for keep going on and confusing people its just am stressed with wanting to get to the bottom of it.:irked:

Any help and suggestions would be really appreciated X

Hi Kayleigh

I'm not sure who you have trained with, but I would definately speak with your trainer for some advice.

You really need some feedback to find out why your clients haven't come back. It may be that you could do a couple of sets on close friends or family that would look after them and pop to see them every few days to see how the lashes are doing.

One thing I would say is that 35 lashes isn't that many for a full set - I put in double that for a full set and more again for a glamour set. You would only need to lose a few for the gaps to become quite noticeable and that could put your clients off returning.

Hope that helps a little :hug:

I put in 35lpe for a half set, 70lpe for a full set, 100+ for a glam set.

Not sure why you aren't getting returns for infills and agree with the lady above that you could try doing sets on close friends and get honest feed back.
I'm sure your trainer would be happy to go over technique with you if you are struggling. Something that I found at the start was that I wasn't preparing the natural lashes properly before lashing. They must be completely clean and free from oils, and using a primer can help too.
Not sure if that is your problem, but thought I would mention it xxx

Hi

If the lashes are falling out within a day, that would suggest to me that the client hadn't followed the aftercare. I would suspect they have been in steamy conditions (hot bath/shower/sauna) or got them wet, or used oily remover on their makeup. Also, some clients can't leave them alone - I have a regular who comes back to me nearly bare every time, but she readily admits she pulls them out!

You will find some clients will not return for infills - not everyone wants the maintenance with them. I would say 80% of my clients return for fills - others have them for one-off occassions.

Make sure you give the clients the aftercare in writing and perhaps follow up with a phone call a few days later, to see how they are getting on.

Don't be disheartened by this, and so long as you know you are bonding the extensions fully to the natural lash, then keep lashing!

Hi, from a clients point of view, when I had my first set of lashes I paid full price for them, and they lasted around a week. I did everything I was told, I don't wear make up so that wasn't an issue. No steam/shower/bath for 24hrs etc. etc. Never touched them and used a V pillow to stop me turning at night.

I am not loaded so £50 was a lot of cash for me for it to last a week, so I didn't go back for infills.

I then saw an advert for an introductory offer of £25 for a full set at another salon. So I chanced it again. My first lashes just managed 2 and a half weeks to the infill. These hardly lasted to my next infill and there were hardly any left, but I had the infills. These did not last a week but I phoned my technician and she immediately made me an appointment for a full set at infill price.

My tech. is brilliant and has been great through all this, never made me feel as if it was my fault, and this is why I go back. My point is that £45 or £65 is a lot of money to fork out for something that may only last 2 or even 3 weeks if you are lucky.

I also think that the advertising as "lasting up to 3 months" is a bit misleading and people expect too much. I love my lashes and am quite willing to go back every 3 weeks for infills, but I do expect them to last the 3 weeks. I have read on here where they are only expected to last 2 weeks. I'm not sure about that, but it should be made more clear in the advertising media.

Sorry for going on but thought the clients point of view may help.

ps. I had thought of buying the flirties glue and taking it with me but didnt want to offend the tech.

Vix2000 I would have bought the flirties and taken it with me :lol: Thats what I do, my tech has an odourless glue which just falls off me so I take my own Flirties and she uses that on me - much better :lol: Forget offending people, we need these lashes to stay on. I do understand what your saying about the marketing, I always start by saying "in theory" they should last up to 60-90 days as that is the cycle of the natural lash, but in all honesty you cant lash a baby lash so its definately not going to last the 60 - 90 days!!! The reason for infills every 2/3 weeks is to keep a full set of lashes, lashes "in theory" should only come out with the natural shedding lash and after 2/3 weeks the baby lashes should be ready to lash onto giving you back your full set :hug::hug:

Hi Kayleigh
Long time no speak. I'm really sorry to hear that you are still having a bit of trouble with your lash extensions. I know we have discussed this before but 35 lashes per eye is not a half set. A half set is nearer to 50 lashes per eye and on average would need to be topped up 2-3 weeks to maintain. Have you still got my number? Give me a ring and we will see if we can get to the bottom of it.
Lee-Anne

I normally provide a free relash within 2 weeks of first set, that way I can get the client back in to be regular with relashes and then I can also check the progress of their lashes.

Latest posts

Back