Eyelash extension repeated nightmare! SOS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon68

Reaction score
Hi all! I’m hoping someone can help find a solution for this recurring issue I’ve been having with eyelash extensions. It’s been about 5 years that I’ve had lash extensions on and off and for the most part I’ve always been content with them and I’ve never had any eye irritation or issues in the past. The technician I’ve been going to for years, in the last 5 or so sessions I’ve had with her I’ve consistently left with serious irritation to my left eye, the same red crescent shaped line around the conjunctiva that stings to touch and would last 2-3 days or so. After seeking medical attention once It’s been determined to be a scratch and I’m assuming it’s from the tape that she’s been putting way too close to my eye.
Decided that I wanted to keep my vision lol I reached out to a high rated lash technician with years of experience, and the SAME thing happened in the SAME eye!
I’m desperate for a solution, is it something I’m doing? It’s always the same eye as well.
Please help, I seriously don’t want to give up lashes but at this point health> beauty...
Thanks!

At the end of the day, it’s a paper cut. It’s not a big deal but it’s in a horrid area to get it and it’s always a risk with lash extensions that there can be damage.

If you pull a muscle do you go straight to the gym to make it more muscly

If you break your leg do you go running

You’ve obviously got a recurring issue or delicate eye skin and although it can look healed it’s still fragile, especially on the eye area.

Have a break!

Until then look for your own tape to take with you and try it out on another area first. Micropore can be really strong. Look for a foamy eye tape. Or ask your usual therapist to find one, she’s been helping you and doing a great job all this time, just ask.

When she puts tape on, she can de-tack it on the back of her hand or surface. Or using a wet cotton pad soak the tape until it’s loosened when removing. Like removing a sticker from a table. You can even use a bit of Vaseline under it.

It can be stiff so it can cut while applied not through removal. Detacking it will help with that as it will be less firm and be flexible. Try not to scrunch your eyes as this can make it press into the skin and give papercuts.

They could be using a thick tape, which is uncomfortable, so look for the narrowest you can find.

Until then, give yourself a few months off.

Latest posts

Back