Eyelash Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Top Tottie

Reaction score
Sorry its me again about the bloody eyelash extensions but i really need your help here...

I do have another query.. As i trained with lash perfect, they have many different sizes ranging from 6mm to 15mm:eek: and the thickness which is fine, thick, extra thick and super thick..

My mum has got extra short eyelashes and I thought the best one for her would be 7mm or 8mm I didnt have the right stuff so i went the the local wholesalers and bought salon system semi permanent eyelashes extentions and they had the stuff i wanted.. I think my mum may be a rare case as I actually measured her eyelashes and it is 4mm!! She has got beautiful blue eyes when made up with mascara so i think add a bit of length and thick, her eyes will look absolutely stunning. She is going to be a good challenge too.

I will try and remember to take pictures this time!!

Does it really matter what brand you use? With salon system there are only three sizes with the same thickness which are 7mm, 9mm and 11mm thick. :rolleyes:Whereas with Lash Perfect, there's loads and loads and loads!!

So a question for the most experienced technicians, Which sizes and thickness do you use the most? I would be most grateful if you could get back to me with your replies. I have got a feeling its 10/11mm and thick?? Correct me if i am wrong!:idea:

thank you

Hi

I trained with Lash perfect and my most popular seems to be 10/11mm

I have 9mm and have used them in the past but have only used the 13mm once as she had the longest lashes I had ever seen!

The thickness does make a difference as the thinner ones do give a more natural look. I tend to stick with the middle thickness ones unless client wants a dramatic look.

I am not the most experienced person in the world but they seem to be really popular at the moment.

I like having the different sizes and the thicknesses as I think I can tailor it to the clients needs better.

hth but I will be interested to see the other replies.

Not sure on different colours at the moment though.

Lisa

Oh thank you tingle!!.. when you say middle thickness do you mean 0.15?

Would appreciate to see other replies..

Thanks

Tolly xxx

Hi

Yeah the 0.15 thickness.

I haven't tried the really thick ones, the 0.25?? I have some 0.2 ones and they look quite dramatic.

I am saving up to buy some more sizes and thicknesses as it is expensive to have all the different sizes and the 4 thicknesses but once you have them they do last for ages.

Lisa

God that was a quick reply Thank you!!

Well i have 11mm 0.10 and 10mm and 11mm 0.15 and 10mm in 0.20

So i think i have got a good range at the moment, but like you i am saving money to buy more of 0.20 and 0.25!! I think they look just fabulous!! and they definitely do last for ages!! I cant wait to save more money!!!

Thank you - is anyone in the similar boat as me and tingle???? Help us!!!:confused:

xxx:lol:

HI Top Tottie,

I think the range you have is fine - it s most important that you can either match the lashes your client has if you are just planning a "longer" look or that you have slightly longer or thicker lashes for a more dramatic look or to thicken the look of your clients lashes.

If you use lashes that are far too long or too thick you will create an unnatural look that might be ok for a hen night or special party but will not give your client the natural look to appear as if its her own lashes.

There is of course an advantage to have all the different combinations of lash thicknesses and lengths, however it will be quite expensive to hold all these and you are spoiled for choice then? I think if you have the combinations of 3 thicknesses (1.0/1.5/2.0) and three different lenghts which is already 9 different tubs of lashes you should be well prepared for all eventualities.

However if you want to keep it tighter you should go for the most popular 8-10mm length and 1-1.5mm thickness - so you reduce the choice you have down to 4.

From our experience I wouldnt go thicker than 2mm as they can look very unnatural and you dont see anyone with natural lashes that thick - the same goes for lashes longer than 12/13mm - they might look short when you look at them on the puff but once applied as an extension you will be surprised how long they really are.....

The advantage of the lashes you buy is that you usually get an enormous amount for not a lot of money that will last you almost forever so it can be worth investing the extra pounds to have the right lashes in stock to be able to offer all of your clients matching ones for a fantastic and natural look!

Thank you thank you wowbb!! I have taken your words on board and looked at my kit again..

I think i will settle for these for now and once i get more experience and more money i will invest a few more lashes!!

Thank you once again

Tolly xxx

Hello ladies,
I recently trained with the salon system marvel lash, whilst these look really great there does seem to be a problem with them lasting. How can you ensure the clients are completing the after care properly and not just blaming the therapist. I advise clients not to get the lashes wet for 48 hours and to avoid make up and cleansers that are oil based but I really think this is just too much commitment for the average client. Are there any better glues on the market that anyone recommends?
Thank you. Amanda

The glue is of course very important as the lashes wont last with cheap glue, however the application technique is as important as the lashes can only last when the bond is perfect.

The aftercare is always tricky as with everything (nails, tan etc) as some clients just wont listen and then blame it on you as the therapist. It is important that you know you are doing it right and you will be able to see after a while if the lashes come off because there was a poor bond or because they have been picking?

It might sound strange but just like nails some clients cant leave their hands off!

Also oil free products are a MUST as this will weaken the bond, no matter which glue you use. Just like some one having their nails done and going home to do some cleaning with bleach - thinking it wont matter too much it happens with the eyelashes if they use mascara, cleanser or eye make up remover with oil..........

No matter how careful you do the lashes this will result in them coming off quicker...and its only down to aftercare!

If you have the client sign a disclaimer that you have explained everything and they understand all precautions and aftercare involved and then hand them aftercare leaflets (which most manufacturers will have) then I think you are doing everything you can for the client to understand what is involved and get them to look after their lashes. If they still ignore it, I dont think there is any more you can do.....

Latest posts

Back