Eyelash perm didn't work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leni

Reaction score
Hi all.
Yesterday I had a lady for an eyelash perm. I put the first curler on but the lashes would not stick. So I used another one and it was better. But when I put the Permanent lotion on, all the lashes came out again. After trying to fix it for about 20 min. I had to tell her ''sorry, it doesn't work'' and send her home feeling a real .... I did use a non oily make-up remover, the kit from Salon System is about 6 month old but has never been opened before.
What went wrong?!?
Thaks

Did you try and glue the lashes to the rod?

Sassy Hassy said:
Did you try and glue the lashes to the rod?

Yes I did. But it didn't do anythin, in fact it seemed to be worse (lashes coming off the curlers)

I find it best to apply the glue and then leave it for a bit until it's just tacky before fixing it to the rod. Also maybe your rods were too small?

Sassy Hassy said:
I find it best to apply the glue and then leave it for a bit until it's just tacky before fixing it to the rod. Also maybe your rods were too small?
So you first spread the glue over the curlers, wait and then press the lashes? I learned to fix the lashes to the rods first and then only if needed fix the ends of lashes with the glue.
I used two different sizes (all together 5 curlers)

The way i do it is fix the rod to the eyelid and then bend the lashes round it. if they don't stick too well then I apply the glue to the lashes, leave it for a minute or so so it's just about setting and then curl them round the rod so they stick. I found that if I applied the glue and immediately tried to stick it on then you were poking at it for ages!!!! Leaving it for a little bit meant that as soon as you tried to stick the lash to the rod then it immediately stuck.

When yo apply your perm lotion, if they start to unstick again then yo can apply more glue - at least that's how I was taught. I also check half way trhough the fixing time to make sure they are all still stuck.

I think eyelash perming as the most boring treatment to perform!

I think eyelash perming as the most boring treatment to perform![/quote]

:biggrin: I agree.
And thank you for your help

Latest posts

Back