Eyelash tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
Concerning the difference in manufacturers instructions can everyone have a look at what they are using and add to here the current instructions concerning patch testing so we can do a comparison ...I have

Refectocil ......which says test before every treatment

Hairwell .....I can't see anything about patch testing but it does say can cause an allergic reaction and do not pluck the eyebrows before or after application :eek: it also says take care not to dye the skin.

Last edited:
Bellitas - Strictly Professional on the packaging states patch test 48hrs before application but their advice over telephone is before every single tint ? i desperately want one that doesn't advise this but are there any?

salonsystem: always carry out a sensitivity test before use

Bellitas - Strictly Professional on the packaging states patch test 48hrs before application but their advice over telephone is before every single tint ? i desperately want one that doesn't advise this but are there any?

I would say they would have to stand by the manufacturers instructions on the pack unless they change them.No one rings companies about everything to double check.Although before application does mean every application I guess but not many people would understand it as that.

Doesn't look like we are going to find one does it.Anyone anything for Combinal.

its very frustrating...... where is this going to end? next we will have to patch test wax....or facial products.

Common sense has gone out of the window. We cannot possibly prepare for every single eventuality in the world that might happen.

I wonder if the medical profession is required to patch test every topical medicine???? Or if make up counters are required to patch test before they can sell?

Putting my science hat on (my degree is in biomed) I think it is all about the balance of probability. It might be possible that clients develop allergies between treatments but it is not probable.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

its very frustrating...... where is this going to end? next we will have to patch test wax....or facial products.

Common sense has gone out of the window. We cannot possibly prepare for every single eventuality in the world that might happen.

I wonder if the medical profession is required to patch test every topical medicine???? Or if make up counters are required to patch test before they can sell?

Putting my science hat on (my degree is in biomed) I think it is all about the balance of probability. It might be possible that clients develop allergies between treatments but it is not probable.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Its probably worse for the client as they will be being exposed to the product twice in 48 hours and also the product is being left on the skin for a good few hours

I would say they would have to stand by the manufacturers instructions on the pack unless they change them.No one rings companies about everything to double check.Although before application does mean every application I guess but not many people would understand it as that.
There instructions aren't specific enough but carefully worded - insurance states what manufacturers 'say' goes -
thats why i don't see why Babtacs changes are actually changes if we can't find a brand. They will probably all change there packaging now anyway!
The feedback im getting from clients is they just won't bother because its too inconvenient to come 48 hrs before every appt.

exactly. sensitisation by overexposure.

i suppose all we can do is follow the manufacturer's instructions to the letter to be covered. i fear this is only the start of this kind of thing.....

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

In college we had to patch test wax!! Shockibg

I'm in a salon so patch testing isnt so bad because they come to me. But what if u are mobile surely they can expect u to drive to do a patch test everytime they are getting tinted.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Anyone else with anymore instructions to add.

Ok I have just gone through my tint drawer. I don't know how I've accumulated so many tints seeing as I mainly use Refectocil but here goes;

Refectocil-skin test before every application

Hairwell-No patch test instructions. Just says do not pluck the eyebrows before or after treatment. Doesn't mention about waxing after!

HD Brow tint-patch test at least 24 hours before treatment. It doesn't state every time but HD Brows insist you do it every time. Interestingly it also says that it must be washed off well even though HD Brows tell you to wipe it off with a dry cotton pad.

Hive- This product should not be used at all on clients who; have experienced any reaction to colouring products
Have sensitive, irritated or damaged skin.
A client patch test is advised before treatment.
Doesn't state every time.

Strictly Professional-Patch test is advisable. Again, doesn't state every time.

Thuya-Sensitivity test advisable before use.

Ok I have just gone through my tint drawer. I don't know how I've accumulated so many tints seeing as I mainly use Refectocil but here goes;

Refectocil-skin test before every application

Hairwell-No patch test instructions. Just says do not pluck the eyebrows before or after treatment. Doesn't mention about waxing after!

HD Brow tint-patch test at least 24 hours before treatment. It doesn't state every time but HD Brows insist you do it every time. Interestingly it also says that it must be washed off well even though HD Brows tell you to wipe it off with a dry cotton pad.

Hive- This product should not be used at all on clients who; have experienced any reaction to colouring products
Have sensitive, irritated or damaged skin.
A client patch test is advised before treatment.
Doesn't state every time.

Strictly Professional-Patch test is advisable. Again, doesn't state every time.

Thuya-Sensitivity test advisable before use.

That's funny because HD brow tint is hair well tint!! When I did my HD training years ago it was before everything was fully branded and it was hair well tint we used

That's funny because HD brow tint is hair well tint!! When I did my HD training years ago it was before everything was fully branded and it was hair well tint we used

Yes I trained in HD Brows in 2010 and it was Hairwell tint but they have bought their own out recently.
Whether it is Hairwell re-branded, I don't know but the instructions are different!

Latest posts

Back