Eyes sticking together

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady_mai

Reaction score
Im pretty new to lashes id say iv done about 8 sets! Iv tried tape ontop of the bottom lashes and hate it! I then came across gel eye pads and i love using these! they are quite sticky so stay in place but no matter how much i try i ALWAYS end up sticking the eys together.

What am i doing wrong?x

When you say sticking the eyes together, how badly are they stuck together?

If its just one or two lashes per eye then I wouldn't worry too much. If they whole eye is glued from left to right then that is a big issue x

Have you tried just asking the client to open their eyes every now and again

I've done 6 sets now and know how you feel! I have only had one lash stuck to the bottom set but I think thats because I am a worrier and constantly check that they're not sticking as I'm working! I run my tweezer gently underneath the lash line every now and then just to ensure theres nothing amiss, I love the gel pads - much better than tape! I also read that some ladies put tape on top of the gel pad slightly, just to capture every last bottom lash, and to ensure things stay put. Maybe thats an idea whilst you're getting used to it. Good luck!!! xxx

I'm really new to it too, I've only done 5 sets but I was taught never to let the client open their eyes. In fact my tutor said she can see the eyepads had slipped, from chatty clients, and the eyes were a bit red where they weren't properly closed.

More experienced geeks will advise but that's my twopence worth lol, and I'd be too scared to do the tweezer thing!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I've been doing lashes about a year now and I always open the clients eyes just a very little to check nothing is sticking.

You only need to open them very very slightly NOT FULLY

Hi..i use tape and gel pads and only get the odd one stuck...love lashing :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Its not the actual lids.. thank god!! :-/ and i know that a couple of lashes is quite normal but im getting quite a few of the bottom baby lashes sticking to the top. Its too much in my oppinion, My clients are extremely comfortable during treatment then after iv done its ruined by the sticking eyes! x

When you say sticking the eyes together, how badly are they stuck together?

If its just one or two lashes per eye then I wouldn't worry too much. If they whole eye is glued from left to right then that is a big issue x

HI Claire, i was thinking about using tape on top. So if my gel pad still isnt covering every lash i can put tape over the ones that are showing! i shall try this! I know i will enjoy it once i get the hang of it. Good luck too chick xx

I've done 6 sets now and know how you feel! I have only had one lash stuck to the bottom set but I think thats because I am a worrier and constantly check that they're not sticking as I'm working! I run my tweezer gently underneath the lash line every now and then just to ensure theres nothing amiss, I love the gel pads - much better than tape! I also read that some ladies put tape on top of the gel pad slightly, just to capture every last bottom lash, and to ensure things stay put. Maybe thats an idea whilst you're getting used to it. Good luck!!! xxx

It is fun doing it though isn't it! I find it very theraputic for some reason! Yeah, just detack the tape a bit first so it isn't really sticky - don't want to cause any pain pulling it off!!! :eek: Those baby lashes are a bugger! xxx

Latest posts

Back