EzFlow resin good only for a few uses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missvain

Reaction score
Hi all, don't know if its because of the tropical climate where I live, but do any of you have any problems with ezflow resin's "product lifespan"? My brand new unopened set contained an unusable bottle of resin (which will be replaced of course :)) .

But apparently, even if the bottle of resin was replaced, after only a few uses whatever's left unused will still set and will be totally unusable thereafter. Any tips as to how I may prolong the life of my unused resin? If I only get to use like 5% of what's in the bottle and have to throw the rest away :cry: I am going to be soo soo broke buying replacement after replacement, because I have to practice and practice (I've only just started training)!

Thanks in advance for any tips :D

I've never had this trouble with ezflow resin and use every bottle until i finish it. I throw away an empty bottle each time, none has ever set hard so I can't use it. Try storing it (if you don't already) in a cool dry place.

i live in oz and the climate here is not quite as tropical as singapore. I too have had no problem with Ezflow resin at all. I too have used every last drop from each and every bottle. The only thing i notice is the sticky stringy way my bottle ends up at the very end.

Perhaps as suggested try storing in a contant temperate place.

Maybe one of the Ezflow educators can help you here

I've had the same problem with EZFlow resin. I couldn't get the top off after about the 5th time I used it. I don't use it anymore!

Laura

Sigh, I really do hope that with the next bottle, there will not be this problem again!

Is it ok another brand of resin was used though? Can I just buy any other resin, or do you have any recommendations? i don't know too much about products in the market yet :p

I've never had any problems with this.

i have never had any problems with ezflow,s resin.
the only thing i can think off if you have stored it in direct sunlight or heat.

*JOANNE* said:
i have never had any problems with ezflow,s resin.
the only thing i can think off if you have stored it in direct sunlight or heat.
Me neither.:confused:

Just an update - I have a new bottle, have used it for 2 days straight, and everything is still A-OK :D Maybe it was a freak incident. Thanks all for the tips, I will be sure to keep it away from sunlight. I store the resin in the fridge now LOL

I was using the creative fabric range and i found that they set hard too. When i was training we were using pliers to get the product out of the bottle! I've given up with fibreglass and silk now. I just use it for infills on long holidays if they need doing.

Latest posts

Back